Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About electricity 2015/2/23 01:11
When I travel to Japan I will bring my IPhone, iPad, and Camera. Their power supply are adapted to that of my country (Philippines), which is 220 volts, 60 cycles AC.

What adapter or voltage transformer should I bring, so I can re-charge those gadgets in Japan during my stay?

Thank you.
by Joselito Ortiz (guest)  

Re: About electricity 2015/2/23 09:56
Most modern electronics have a universal voltage charger, meaning that you can plug it into an outlet and it'll supply the item with the correct voltage needed for recharging. The input is usually 100v through 240v. The tricky part is finding an adapter to actually plug into the wall in Japan. Japan uses the two-slotted plug.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Thanks for your input 2015/2/23 21:12
John B,

Thank you for the information; this is very helpful.

The adapter should be easier to handle.
by Lito Ortiz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About electricity 2015/2/24 07:35
The two-prong flat outlet, plug and adapter are common in the Philippines, and available at every hardware store.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About electricity 2015/2/24 10:36
A universal adaptor is very useful as others have said - most take input between 100V and 240V and 50Hz to 60Hz. Also, the north and south of the country operate on two frequencies (50Hz and 60Hz) because one end purchased equipment from Europe, and the other from America. They have three massive converter stations linking the two halves.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread