Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using IC card on Kyoto City Buses 2015/2/25 21:43
I'm going to Kyoto in a few weeks and I will be using my Suica card to pay for the bus fares on the routes using the green Kyoto city buses.
However I can't seem to find information on how you should pay the fare. Do you scan your card over the scanner when you enter and exit the bus? Or do you only scan it when you exit the bus as its a set fare?
by Kari Haruka  

Re: Using IC card on Kyoto City Buses 2015/2/26 09:04
Do you scan your card over the scanner when you enter and exit the bus? Or do you only scan it when you exit the bus as its a set fare?

Generally there is a sensor just at the exit. However, there is a small number of city bus lines (that go outside of the city center) along which the fare increases with distance traveled (inside the city center it is always a flat fare). On such buses, you additionally also have to touch the sensor at the entrance.

Rule of thumb: touch the sensor at the entrance if there is one. Always touch the sensor at the exit.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread