Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin forward luggages to non-hotels? 2015/2/28 07:01
Hi,

Just a quick question regarding the luggage forwarding service.

For the most part of our trip, we would be staying at AirBNB accommodations! So would it be possible for the takuhaibin to forward to non-hotels?

Also, can takuhaibin deliver to storage places like Carry-S in Kyoto Station for them to hold luggages for us in the event that our AirBNB host can't help us store our luggages?

Thanks!
by Dickson (guest)  

Re: Takuhaibin forward luggages to non-hotels? 2015/2/28 09:01
For the most part of our trip, we would be staying at AirBNB accommodations! So would it be possible for the takuhaibin to forward to non-hotels?

In theory yes. Any place that has an address can be used as a delivery address. The basics are explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

But before just sending the luggage, you should consult with your AirBNB host.

Also, can takuhaibin deliver to storage places like Carry-S in Kyoto Station for them to hold luggages for us in the event that our AirBNB host can't help us store our luggages?

I cannot see on their website that they offer that service.

Alternatively, there are distribution/service centers all across Japan. You could deliver your luggage to one in Kyoto and pick it up from there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin forward luggages to non-hotels? 2015/2/28 09:48
Thanks for the help!

So if i deliver it to their distribution/service centre, would they be able to hold it for me?
Cause I would be travelling from takayama to hiroshima for about 6 days before heading to kyoto, I would like to deliver it there the moment I leave takayama and not lug it around.
by Dickson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin forward luggages to non-hotels? 2015/2/28 09:56
Delivery can typically be delayed by one week.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin forward luggages to non-hotels? 2015/2/28 10:31
Have it delivered to your AirBnB 6 days later and use the time zone delivery. You can designate delivery time, i.e., 2-4pm, 4-6pm, etc. Of course, you have to be there to receive it.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread