Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/2/28 16:23
Hi
I plan to watch cherry blossom in Japan . I have 1 day for Kyoto on saturday 4 April or sunday 5 April by private van with driver and another day we will go to Universal studio Osaka .
Could you please advise saturday or sunday will be less crowed in Kyoto ?

Thanks for opinions.
by Yui (guest)  

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/2/28 16:50
I think by default they are about equally busy. The weather can make the difference. The better the weather, the more busy it will be.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/2/28 17:09
thank you Uji.
I found the weather forecast for April that it will rain on sunday 5 April . Is the advance forecast accurate ? And which place should I manage to go on the raining day between Kyoto and USJ ?
by Yui (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/2/28 17:59
I found the weather forecast for April that it will rain on sunday 5 April . Is the advance forecast accurate ?

No, it is utterly impossible to predict the weather of April 5 now. Try again around April 2.

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/2/28 18:00
And which place should I manage to go on the raining day between Kyoto and USJ ?

I think it is a personal question. I personally don't like theme parks in rain. But Kyoto can be very beautiful in rain if you bring the correct clothes and attitude.

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/2/28 18:02
You absolutely cannot trust a forecast for April 4 and 5 given in February. Japanese weather forecasting is often wrong even when you look the day before.

Both are kind of miserable for rainy days. If you go to USJ, outdoor rides are less appealing and may be closed. If you go to Kyoto, it's not quite the same doing hanami in the rain, especially if it's your first time and/or you want to take a lot of nice pictures.

by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/2/28 18:53
I would not look at weather forecast until one or 2 days before: and quite frankly, that particular weekend will be THE busiest weekend for Sakura: if you can change for a weekday that would be optimal.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/2/28 21:31
I should agree with Uji! I've vistied Kyoto 7 times and everytime the raining day brings the most extaraodinary and magic atmosphere there and the pictures are extremely beautiful!
by agspb rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/3/1 05:35
The weather forecast could still be wrong on the day, particularly if the preceding days are a bit wet.

The crowds will depend a little on where you go to view the blossom; say the palace, Maruyama park or somewhere else in the city. There might be fewer locals on the Saturday, but still expect lots of people (taking lots of photos).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/3/1 08:42
Forecasts for Kyoto (and most major cities in Japan) are usually accurate for the next two days, at least. Beyond that it depends on the weather situation. The following website is generally reliable and also mentions how confident they feel about their forecasts (A=confident ... C=not so confident):
http://www.tenki.jp/forecast/6/29/6110.html

Re: Kyoto cherry blossom saturday or sunday 2015/3/1 11:49
Thank you for all comments.
After visiting the Usj website I think I have to go to Kyoto on Saturday 4 April and Usj on 5 because the express7 pass for Usj is sold out on 4 April T_T . Hope it won't rain as the early forecast.
by Yui (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread