Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling from Hakodate to Sapporo 2015/2/28 19:32
So we will be arriving at Hakodate first and staying overnight before traveling to Sapporo by train (Super Hokuto). I've been trying to find some info online but wasn't able to find much.

Can I reserve the ticket in the JR Hakodate station for Super Hokuto?

Just a bit nervous since most of the info I see on the net are people traveling from Sapporo to Hakodate, instead of the other way around.

Thank you!
by Steffy (guest)  

Re: Traveling from Hakodate to Sapporo 2015/2/28 19:59
Can I reserve the ticket in the JR Hakodate station for Super Hokuto?

Yes, at any JR ticket counter in Japan, including the one at Hakodate Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling from Hakodate to Sapporo 2015/2/28 21:09
Thank you!

I have a follow-up question. I will not be using a JR Pass on this trip, but in order to go to Sapporo, I intend to ride on the Limited Express Super Hokuto or Hokuto.

About the seat reservations, can I reserve a seat the day before?

I read here (http://jr.hakodate.jp/global/english/infomation/reference/default.htm) that tickets for Ltd express, green car etc go on sale at 10 am ONE MONTH PRIOR to the trip. Does that mean that I have to reserve a seat one month before riding on it?

Thanks so much for clearing up misunderstandings on my part.
by Steffy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling from Hakodate to Sapporo 2015/2/28 21:28
About the seat reservations, can I reserve a seat the day before?

Yes, you can reserve starting from one month in advance until a few minutes before departure. Here are some basic on using trains in Japan:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2016.html

Does that mean that I have to reserve a seat one month before riding on it?

No. They remain on sale until a few minutes before departure - unless they get all booked out.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread