Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trouble reading Hyperdia Train Schedule 2015/3/1 10:41
I am trying to go from Nagoya to Narita Airport Terminal in April 2015.
The train (Hikari 524) leaves Nagoya at 3:27pm. From the internet, Hyperdia shows 1 transfer at Shinagawa. I can not find which track I should get on the next train (Ltd Exp Narita Express 45) which leaves at 5:20pm. When I click train time table, it shows track 4 for Tokyo but not Shinagawa. Thank you for helping me.
by Frank2015  

Re: Trouble reading Hyperdia Train Schedule 2015/3/1 10:47
It will be shown very clearly on the many bilingual displays at Shinagawa Station. There is no need to know it in advance.

After arriving at Shinagawa Station, you will first have to walk from the shinkansen platforms to the regular train platforms (and pass two sets of ticket gates). It is around the second set of ticket gates where you will find the displays showing your track number.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Trouble reading Hyperdia Train Schedule 2015/3/1 10:48
Sorry for the confusion, but I just noticed that there are also direct ticket gates between the shinkansen and regular trains. No need to pass through two of them. You will find the platform information around those direct ticket gates, as well. (...and at many additional displays beyond that.)
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Trouble reading Hyperdia Train Schedule 2015/3/1 10:57
The Shinkansen tracks are on the east side of Shinagawa Station. The Yamanote, Keihin Tohoku lines are on the west side of the station. In the middle are the miscellaneous lines, where you'll find the N'Ex tracks. They are the closest to the Shinkansen tracks, so transfer time is very short.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Trouble reading Hyperdia Train Schedule 2015/3/2 07:25
Hikari 524 arrives at track 21 or 22. Narita Express depart from track 13. When you go to #13 from #21, you should go through the Transfer gate, not Exit gate. It takes around 5 minutes.
by Miya (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread