Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tourist Visa for Chinese National 2015/3/1 21:06
Hello,

I am going on a holiday to Japan with my parents in law. My wife and I are Australian nationals,
however my in laws are Chinese nationals (with Australian permanent residency). They are also retired so they donft earn a substantial income on their own. They live with us in Australia.

In their Visa application form I need to give the name of a guarantor or reference in Japan for my in laws. Also an Inviter in Japan. And finally bank statements for the last 3 months.

My question arises from the fact that I donft have a guarantor, reference or inviter in Japan, as we are planning our holidays by ourselves.

We are not going on a package holiday, in which case the travel agent would, I expect
act as guarantor.

Also my in laws are dependent on us financially while they are living with us,
so they don't have a substantial bank account balance or income.
I could deposit funds in their account if this is what is necessary?
by ssmats  

Re: Tourist Visa for Chinese National 2015/3/1 23:45
I think you should contact the embassy where you will make the application (so the embassy in Australia). Presumably, the majority of Chinese tourists are in a similar situation, so there must be a way aroud the "guarantor" requirement.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist Visa for Chinese National 2015/3/2 00:27
Tell them they are your DEPENDENTS (like children), and you are their guarantor.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist Visa for Chinese National 2015/3/2 08:12
Thanks for the replies. We talked to the consulate, they said we need to provide a copy of our bank statement, so we act as the guarantors as Dick mentioned.
by ssmats rate this post as useful

reply to this thread