Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does the Loop Line go to Shin-Osaka? 2015/3/1 21:41
I know it never used to, on account of the only connection to Shin-Osaka from Osaka was a former freight line, now used by the Limited Express Haruka, which bypasses Osaka station.

But the reason I am asking is that Google Maps shows Shin-Osaka station as being serviced by the Loop Line (go to Shin-Osaka station and right click to see the lines that service it, or any other station). And if you can't believe Google maps, then who can you believe?

If it's true, then service to Shin-Osaka can only be reached in the clock-wise direction, while Loop Line service from Shin-Osaka can only be used in the counter clockwise direction.

Please, no guesses ... only answers from people who know for sure. Thank you.
by Susan (guest)  

Re: Does the Loop Line go to Shin-Osaka? 2015/3/1 22:16
No, the Loop Line does not pass through Shin-Osaka. I am not sure why Google Map lists the line when you click on the station. I guess it is some technical issue of the Haruka being considered part of the Loop Line or something like that. In any case, the Loop Line does not pass through Shin-Osaka, but Haruka trains provide a connection to it.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Does the Loop Line go to Shin-Osaka? 2015/3/1 22:40
Thank you Uji-san. You are always 100% correct in your answers.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does the Loop Line go to Shin-Osaka? 2015/3/1 22:50
if you take "haruka" at Shin-Osaka station to KIX direction. it runs on umeda-kamotsu line, then go into the loop line(counter clock wise) around Fukushima station.
it does not pass through JR Osaka station, it by-passes.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does the Loop Line go to Shin-Osaka? 2015/3/2 23:21
"And if you can't believe Google maps, then who can you believe?"

Dear Susan, you should not rely so much on Google maps. In the past there have been some issues with people getting into danger when following their (wrong) indications.

As the other users stated, it is a mistake of Google Maps, Osaka's Loop Lipe does not arrive there. Anyway, there are some JR lines both local/rapid and limited expres connecting Osaka and Shinosaka in just a matter of minutes (i.e. Kyoto and Kobe lines).

Maybe with this map can help you:

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/routemap/pdf/map...

by FunkHouse rate this post as useful

reply to this thread