Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 Days Tokyo with Kids Itinerary Check 2015/3/2 00:17
Hi experts,

I hope I can get some review and suggestion to the below itinerary that I have spent quite a lot of time with. I hope it is fun for my 3 kids (2 girls and 1 boy with age 6,8,10) and my husband and myself. :)

Day 1 (15 Dec 2015, Tuesday)
Fly from Singapore to Haneda Airport
Stay in MyStays Maihama Tokyo Bay

Day 2 (16 Dec 2015, Wednesday)
Disneysea

Day 3 (17 Dec 2015, Thursday)
Disneyland

Day 4 (18 Dec 2015, Friday)
Deposit luggage at Shinjuku, take train to Ghibli Museum for 2pm slot. Will try to get a Korea or Taiwan friend to help to book from Korea. Is it a e-ticket or physical ticket?
Tokyo Government Building for night/evening view
Stay in apartment at Ikebukuro

Day 5 (19 Dec 2015, Saturday)
Cup Noodles Museum Yokohama (Pre-book Chicken Ramen Making at 11am)
Lunch at Sylvanian Forest of Kitchen at World Porters
Meg@web
Ooedo-Onsen-Monogatari (after 6pm admission)

Day 6 (20 Dec 2015, Sunday)
Arashio Beya for Sumo Traning (will check for availability)
Purchase Hakone pass and take Romance Car (pre-book from Internet) from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumato at 10am
Go anti-clockwise, Moto-Hakone - Togendai - Owakudani - Souzan - Gora - Hakone-Yumato
Take Odakyu Ltd. Exp. From Hakone-Yumato to Shinjuku (FOC from Hakone Pass) and transfer JR to Ikebukuro

Day 7 (21 Dec 2015, Monday)
Start the use of Kanto Area Pass Day 1
Take JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line(Via Takasaki Line) to Omiya, then transfer SHINKANSEN MAX TOKI to Echigo-Yuzawa
Take shuttle to Naspa Ski Garden
Take SHINKANSEN MAX TOKI to OMIYA, then transfer Shonon-Shinjuku Line (Via Utsunomiya Line) to Ikebukuro

Day 8 (22 Dec 2015, Tuesday)
Kanto Area Pass Day 2
Take the same transport as Day 7.
Iwappara Ski Resort

Day 9 (23 Dec 2015, Wednesday, Public Holiday in Japan)
Kanto Area Pass Day 3
Limited Express Nikko from Ikebukuro to Shimo-imaichi. Take Tobu Kinugawa Line to Kinugawa-onsen
Take bus to Edo Wonderland
Direct Ltd. Exp Spacia Kinugawa from Kinugawa-Onsen to Ikebukuro

Day 10 (24 Dec 2015, Thursday)
8:50am flight from Haneda, will take train to go Haneda International Terminal.

by Nikonnet (guest)  

Re: 10 Days Tokyo with Kids Itinerary Check 2015/3/2 10:02
Besides some ski for your husband and some shopping for yourself, everything else seems to be kid centric.

If seeing your littles smiling is your definition of joy, go ahead. If not I recommend some modifications. Tell us what you like for us to help you.

For me, in winter Tokyo would go to an onsen town to warm up and spend the day just relaxing. Chasing after the little runabouts can be tiring so spending a day in a small town is my idea of fun.
Try the towns of Zao, Ginzan, Yamadera.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread