Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Free Pass 2015/3/5 00:09
Hi

Please advise, i intent to take a bus upon landing into Haneda Airport straight to Yukumoto Station Hakone for 2 nights stay
I would like to buy the Hakone free pass.
Can I buy at Haneda airport?
Can I use this pass for the bus to Hakone & on the way back to Shinjuku?
Which is the best way to buy & utilise this pass?

Thank you
by Aleest (guest)  

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2015/3/5 15:13
Hi,

Unfortunately, Hakone free pass is not valid for the buses from Haneda to Hakone.

For the buses from Odawara to Shinjyuku you can get the discount price if you have a pass(1580 yen¨870 yen).

The pass includes the railway fee from Shinjyuku to Hakone and return.

If you have a time, it will be a reasonble possibility to go to Shinjyuku from Haneda and take a Odakyu train to Hakone.

Good luck!
by Yearnote (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2015/3/5 15:19
http://www.odakyu-hakonehighway.co.jp/common/pdf/english.pdf

I assume you are talking about this bus.

You cannot buy the Hakone Free Pass at Haneda airport, as the Pass is sold by Odakyu Railway.

You can buy the Hakone Free Pass once you arrive in Hakone-yumoto, for travel within Hakone from there (there is one that covers "return" Shinjuku - Hakone-yumoto train rides, but the one you need is a just "within Hakone" version, less expensive one). But for the way back, you will need to pay the one-way train fare.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2015/3/5 15:23
erm... im not 100% sure on this but my parents went to Hakone just this February. They told me it's possible to purchase Free Pass at Haneda Airport. I suspect maybe a tourist counter there sells it, as my mum doesn't like to use the machines.

Not sure though, just hearsay. :)
by BloodPrincess rate this post as useful

reply to this thread