Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to book Ghibli museum in advance? 2015/3/5 18:22
Ifm planning to visit Japan on this summer and want to visit ghibli museum, but Ifve heard we should book tickets in advance. I know there are some ways to buy tickets from outside of japan in advance, but the procedure is too complicated for me.
Does anybody know the ticket service reserving tickets for me in Japan?

P.S. I know voyagin is doing the kind of tickets service, but voyagin is too expensive for me. i want to know any other services providing much cheaper than voyaginfs service.
by MichaelJorden (guest)  

Re: How to book Ghibli museum in advance? 2015/3/5 21:56
This page gives you the contact details of the ticket resellers outside Japan. Choose the one for your location and follow the online process. It's not complicated...

If you buy the tickets in Japan, you have to buy them from Lawson convenience stores.

If you buy the tickets abroad, they will be for a particular day. If you buy them in Japan, they will be for a particular day AND time so there's greater flexibility when buying them overseas before you go.
by Saru Bob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to book Ghibli museum in advance? 2015/3/5 21:57
sorry.. forgot to post the link:

http://www.ghibli-museum.jp/en/ticket-information/
by Saru Bob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to book Ghibli museum in advance? 2015/3/6 03:27
It's not complicated, just find a local travel agent, they can get it for you for a fee from a authorized agent in your country, to get it cheap, check their official web site for the authorized agent, and get direct.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to book Ghibli museum in advance? 2015/3/6 09:40
We've used JTB (we're from Australia so it may work differently in other countries) both times we've reserved tickets. They're obviously more expensive than just getting them in Japan but you reserve a day and can enter at any time that day rather than having a set entry time I've seen people talk about. The delivery was really prompt as well.
by Chasingme (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to book Ghibli museum in advance? 2015/3/8 10:21
You can print out English instructions for buying tickets from Lawson machines; that's what I did, since I arrived in Japan about three weeks before I wanted to go to the Ghibli Museum. You simply follow the instructions and press the buttons it says to. The only issue with Lawson is that you will need to get the help of a store worker as there is a screen not in the isntructions where you are required to enter a phone number. Luckily one store worker in Kansai Airport helped me out! Much cheaper to buy from Lawson too; all ticket resellers charge ridiculous fees in my opinion.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to book Ghibli museum in advance? 2015/3/8 21:58
I also got mine from JTB Hong Kong, like what Chasingme said getting it from a agent oversea, the advantage is there is not time on entry, you can go anytime as long as it's the stated day you applied for, getting them locally in japan you have to choose the time of entry, if you missed the time, you are rejected entry.

And don't go without a ticket, they are really strict on entry, when I visited them, I saw a few people including oversea tourist get rejected.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to book Ghibli museum in advance? 2015/3/9 08:25
yes buying them outside of Japan is better if you don't feel confident enough to use lawson's loppi machines, as mentioned above the English instructions are missing a page where you have to fill out your contact details i.e. hotel and number.

Buying tickets in Japan is restrictive, so if you have no flexibility on when you can visit i would recommend you buy them at home - you'll pay 2-3 times as much but worth the guaranteed entry.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread