Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning Fujisan day trip 2015/3/6 00:43
I am planning a full-day trip to Fuji/Hakone but need some advice...
I'd like to purchase the Hakone free pass so that we can do the ropeway and Lake Ashi cruise especially, but I also wish to make it to Fuji Fifth Station later that day.

Originally I was planning on booking the JTB tour to make it easier to fit all these things in, but I don't like the lack of time you spend at each location and also all that time spent on the bus!

Is this realistic for us to get from Hakone to Fifth station on our own and if so, what is the best way to do it?
Should we start our day north, do fifth station first, then make our way down to Hakone?
I was leaning more towards starting in Odawara due to being able to use the JR pass.

Anyway, I hope I can get some advice on planning a day that won't be too hectic!

Thanks
by Bella (guest)  

Re: Planning Fujisan day trip 2015/3/6 11:26
You can cover Hakone from Tokyo in a day trip (if you start early), but I would not consider Fuji area AND Hakone all in one day doable.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Planning Fujisan day trip 2015/3/7 08:21
5th Station from Kawaguchiko is better access. Even better if you can rent a car. However doing both Hakone and Mt Fuji is a lot... probably would say no...

I only stayed around Kawaguchi with rental car and just to give you an idea...

Kawaguchiko Station to 5th Station 1 hour drive
We stayed 5th station for almost 1.5 hours
1 hour drive back to Kawaguchiko

3.5 hours spent just Mt Fuji.

I recommend either doing two days
1 Hakone
1 Kawaguchiko Mt Fuji

or only choose one if you have limited time.

Hope this helps!!
Have fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Planning Fujisan day trip 2015/3/9 11:30
Thanks so much for your replies.

I forgot to include that I'm planning on going April 7, and that from what I've read, including the road weather reports, that it is highly unlikely that Subaru 5th station will be accessible that early in the year.

So, probably best that we plan a Hakone trip at a more leisurely pace... or endure the 1-day bus tour.

However before I give up on 5th station (my son really loves the idea of going up the mountain) I have a question about the Fujikyu bus that goes to 5th station.
If 5th station is closed, will this bus go as high as allowed, or will that route be eliminated altogether? I could not find any information about this.

Thanks again, love this forum!
by Bella (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread