Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima One-Day Tram Pass/Ropeway Discount 2015/3/9 11:43
I am going to Hiroshima from Osaka. I plan to go take the JR Sanyo Line and then the JR Ferry to Miyajima first, and then return to Hiroshima in the afternoon and use the trams then.

If I purchase the Hiroden Tram One-Day Pass, will I get the discount at Mt. Misen Ropeway just by showing the pass, or do I need to somehow time stamp/activate the pass (e.g., by getting on and then off the tram once)?

Thanks to anybody who can help. It is difficult to find information in English about this discount at all, let alone specifics as above.
by AEmgee (guest)  

Re: Hiroshima One-Day Tram Pass/Ropeway Discount 2015/3/11 11:08
I can't help you with the discount information, but I can tell you that if you are doing a single day trip to see both Miyajima and Hiroshima that you should forget about Mt. Misen. It takes a long time to travel on the ropeway (there's a stop halfway through with a bottleneck, plus usually a long line for the first ropeway!), then it's a hike to the peak itself (about a half hour, could take longer if people in front of you are slow as it's a thin track). You just wouldn't have time to see Mt. Misen as well as the other sights on Miyajima. Stick to the area around Itsukushima Shrine and the Omotesando shopping street.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread