Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving Mt. Fuji: Any traffic restrictions? 2015/3/17 20:55
I have rented a car to drive around Kawaguchiko and surrounding areas early April. As I know it is the sakura season and many people will be visiting, are ther any traffic restrictions imposed during this period?
by Johnny woo (guest)  

Re: Driving Mt. Fuji: Any traffic restrictions? 2015/3/18 14:05
We drove around the Fuji Five Lakes region during mid April and the only restriction we came across is at Arakura Sengen Shrine where we weren't allowed to drive up all the way to the pagoda.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Driving Mt. Fuji: Any traffic restrictions? 2015/3/18 14:15
Thank you! I was afraid that with too many vehicles on the road, authorities might limited access to reduce congestion.
by Johnny Woo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Driving Mt. Fuji: Any traffic restrictions? 2015/3/19 03:26
Traffic was unexpectedly light when we were there, so my guess is that during early April situation is even better. Although we read that this year the weather is warmer and cherry blossom may come a bit earlier, in average year mid to late April is a better time for it in the Fuji Five Lakes region. The Cherry Blossom Festival in Kawaguchi-ko this year is held on April 11-19.

http://www.fujisan.ne.jp/event/info_e.php?if_id=775&ca_id=3&page=&sum_...

by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread