Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass for Holiday Rapid Mt Fuji 2015/3/22 00:55
Hi, I searched on Hyperdia for routes to Kawaguchiko from Shinjuku and found the following two JR trains:
1. Holiday Rapid Mt Fuji 1
2. Yamanashi-Fuji 3

It appears that these 2 trains travel directly from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko.

Will my JR pass cover the entire trip for these trains?
by bigandsmall  

Re: JR Pass for Holiday Rapid Mt Fuji 2015/3/22 10:49
Probably not, since the train runs on non-JR tracks for part of the trip, so you will probably have to pay the fare for the corresponding section, as is usual for JR trains running on non-JR tracks.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass for Holiday Rapid Mt Fuji 2015/3/22 11:13
Will my JR pass cover the entire trip for these trains?

No, the nationwide pass does not cover the Fujikyu Railway, however the Kanto Area Pass does.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass for Holiday Rapid Mt Fuji 2015/3/22 11:13

Re: JR Pass for Holiday Rapid Mt Fuji 2015/3/23 00:45
Probably not, since the train runs on non-JR tracks for part of the trip, so you will probably have to pay the fare for the corresponding section, as is usual for JR trains running on non-JR tracks.

How can I find out the price that I need to pay for then?
by bigandsmall rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass for Holiday Rapid Mt Fuji 2015/3/23 10:27
It's the regular fare on the section between Otsuki and Kawaguchiko (1140 yen), plus I think you might also have to pay the 300 yen limited express fee.

Re: JR Pass for Holiday Rapid Mt Fuji 2015/3/28 14:51
Is it possible to pay the non-JR fee beforehand in Shinjuku? I heard it is possible to pay it at a JR office? Also are JR pass users able to reserve a seat on this for free?
by JT (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread