Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/3/23 11:39
I am visiting Japan for the second time shortly & want to take some food for my friend that she may not have seen or tasted before. Last time I took Tim Tams (chocolate biscuits), Vegemite & some Australian honey. Does anyone have any further suggestions?
by racer1  

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/3/23 16:18
Macadamia nuts, lamingtons, Tasty Toobs, Caramello koalas, Jaffas, musk sticks, Furry Friends chocolates, gourmet tea and Australian wine.
by jennjett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/3/23 19:13
Tiny Teddy from Arnotts will be a nice gift with a nice package.
http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/Shop/ProductDetails?Stockcode=7153...

Tim Tam can be purchased at local supermarkets such as Seiyu and International supermarkets in JP.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/3/23 19:24
Where in Japan is your friend?
In Tokyo (and big cities) Tim Tams are not hard to find, Cadbury's and Vegemite are available if you look.
Why not ask your friend what s/he misses?

If it were me putting in a request it would be
- Yellow Box Honey,
- Pomegranate Balsamic vinegar
- Madura Tea
- Snakes Alive (the one by the Australian Food Company, not the Allens ones)
and a chokito.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/3/25 04:48
Caramello Koala's normally are the biggest hit if you are bringing food for kids - or even big kids.

I can confirm that Tim Tam's are not really worth bringing as they can be easily purchased in many places - unless you want to teach them about Tim Tam slams which is a very foreign but delicious trick to show them...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/3/25 06:09
Thanks very much everyone for all your suggestions. girltokyo - our friend is actually from Japan and lives in Hiroshima. She has only been to Australia once & quite a few years ago. She has her own school where she teaches english....so looking to take some authentic Australian foods for her students
by racer1 rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/3/25 07:20
Kangaroo jerky. I thought that was the obly thing *hard* to find in JP.
by Seirin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/3/31 20:52
No, It's not hard to find. Search for Fourbody health food store in Australia they are providing International delivery. One of my friends got their product from India.

by iamoscararean rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/4/1 00:14
We're talking about *in* Japan I presume? If it's international delivery, of course it's accessible.
by Seirin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/4/29 17:15
Hi Racer,
If you want to buy food for her student then buy some Chocolate,Chocolate Cake Mix,Organic Handmade Cinnamon, Chocolate Cookies,Organic Handmade Nuts .
Fourbody is selling these in reasonable price with international delivery. For searching your desire food use the search box on https://www.fourbody.com.au.

Hope this will be helpful information for you.
by iamoscararean rate this post as useful

Re: Australian food hard to find in Japan 2015/4/30 09:40
Lamingtons!!!! Buy large pack from Woolies AND some finger sized ones as well and freeze them. Buy a large square Decor container : they will fit in, with the finger ones around the outside!
Then put them in a freezer bag, in the middle of your suitcase.
We do this every trip for the Japanese wife of a family member: she had them here in Australia, and says you canft find anything like them in Japan!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread