Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on Kyoto route 2015/3/24 01:27
I need help to plan a route for my family trip to kyoto. 7 of us will travel from osaka to kyoto using train. We have 1 day to spend in Kyoto, will be back to osaka in the evening. We plan to:
1. Nishiki market for breakfast or lunch
2. Fushimi inari shrine
3. Kinkakuji temple
4. Samurai kembu theater
5. Ishibe alley
Is it possible to visit these places consider the time we have? Any advice where to go first or last for a smooth route from one place to another if possible a suggestion of any transportation to take us from one to another place on the list above. Very much appreciate any help thanks
by Ube (guest)  

Re: Advice on Kyoto route 2015/3/25 00:05
I would say this itinerary is doable but everything will be quite rushed. I would suggest removing either Fushimi or Kinkakuji as the transport between the two may take up the longest time. From Kyoto Station to Fushimi, it's a 5-minute ride so that's doable. To get to Kinkakuji, you will have to get back to Kyoto Station, then take a bus ride for about 40-45 minutes. Instead of Kinkakuji, I would do Kiyomizudera instead since it's closer to the other places you listed.
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on Kyoto route 2015/3/25 01:47
Hi Ube,

I agree with yozakura about kinkakuji being very out of your way. I would suggest the following order for you
1. Fushimi inari shrine
2. Kiyomizudera (good shopping street on the way up)
3. Ishibe alley
4. Nishiki market for lunch
*would also suggest looking at Pontocho after Nishiki
*5. Samurai kembu theater (I am not sure where this is located. I have it at the end, if you can post where it is I could be more helpful)

I would also suggest you get the Kyoto bus pass for 500yen each. You can take the bus for Kyoto Station to Kiyomizudera. From Kiyomizu to Ishibe alley from there take the bus to Nishiki. You could also use the bus pass at the end of the day to get back to Kyoto Station.
My suggestion has you moving from South to North. You could always flip it if you want breakfast at Nishiki. I would start your day early (leave Osaka for Kyoto 7:30 - 8:30am) since you only have 1 day in Kyoto.

Hope this helps.
by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on Kyoto route 2015/3/25 09:23
Thanks Yozakura and Anne, i decided to take both of your advice. I agree kinkakuji is too way apart from other attractions. Is it easy to travel with bus inside kyoto? Cause i was thinking about getting taxi to save time. Samurai kembu theater located at higashiyama-ku
by Ubepine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on Kyoto route 2015/3/25 10:29
Kyoto is pretty small and taxis wont cost too much. Fushimi Inari is open 24 hours so you can go there before other places open or after everywhere else closes.

I recommend going at the end of the day. You can then match your energy level to how much you want to climb Fushimi Inari.
Also the night lights are real beautiful.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on Kyoto route 2015/3/25 10:59
The major attractions in Kyoto are usually accessible by bus. If you go on Google maps, you can see which bus number will work for your locations. Taxis are definitely quicker and more efficient but you might not always be able to catch two empty ones at the same time unless you're at Kyoto station where they are mostly congregated.
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on Kyoto route 2015/3/26 02:02
Thanks all for your info. Very much appreciated. Best regards to all of you
by ubepine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread