Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR pass from Kawaguchiko 2015/3/24 23:01
Hi,
I will be in Kawaguchiko early July and want to travel to Hakodate from Kawaguchiko by trains and to Sapporo. I want to use JR pass through the route, possible?
Please advice and please explain where to catch the trains.

Thank you very much
Kendo
by Kendo (guest)  

Re: JR pass from Kawaguchiko 2015/3/25 11:07
You can use the JR Pass for most of the route from Kawaguchiko to Hakodate and Sapporo. The initial bit from Kawaguchiko station to Otsuki station isn't covered by the JR Pass, but from Otsuki station onwards you will be able to use it.

You should use Hyperdia http://www.hyperdia.com to plan your trip.

A few things to keep in mind:

1) The trip will take about 9 hours from Kawaguchiko to Hakodate. Sapporo is another 3.5 hours by train from Hakodate.

2) There are no Shinkansen (bullet trains) on Hokkaido.

3) The JR Pass is valid for the Hayabusa Shinkansen to Shin-Aomori station in Aomori.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR pass from Kawaguchiko 2015/3/25 12:26
Thank very much
How about I will leave Kawaguchiko to Hokodate and stay a night there then catch the train to Furano? Will JR rail cover to Furano?

Please kindly suggest.
by Zazen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR pass from Kawaguchiko 2015/3/25 18:02
I am confused about the route to catch the train after Otsuki station. Do I need to get back to Tokyo to catch the train to Hokodate?

Please kindly advise.
by Zazen/Kendo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR pass from Kawaguchiko 2015/3/25 21:29
Yes the JR Pass will cover the train from Hakodate to Furano.

Yes you must head back to Tokyo to catch the Shinkansen to Shin-Aomori station where you then change trains to get to Hakodate.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread