Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying in a love hotel alone. Weird? 2015/3/27 05:10
Hi, I'm booking my hotel for my visit to Osaka (1 week stay) and I came across a REALLY nice hotel in Umeda (Fine Garden Hotel) at great price. Then upon reading the reviews I found out it's a Love Hotel.

Now since I'm traveling alone, would it be weird if I stayed at this hotel alone?

Thanks.
by Ryan1337  

Re: Staying in a love hotel alone. Weird? 2015/3/27 10:41
From what I hear, loved motels are inherently impersonal. I've heard of almost no personal contact with anyone there, so I don't think people are, first, going to know you're even there and second, and most important, even care you're there. What you do is your business and what couples there do is theirs.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in a love hotel alone. Weird? 2015/3/27 10:42
Normally it might be odd, and some love hotels even prohibit single guests.

BUT, some love hotels (like Fine Garden) have started trying to expand to foreign stayers by advertising online booking through agoda and bookings. In that case, I think it wouldn't be unusual for single guests to stay there. Either way, there should be no shortage of discretion surrounding your stay ;)
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread