Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama Itinerary with Detailed Directions 2015/3/29 17:08
I need help to navigate.

I am planning early morning in Arashiyama. Itinerary is as follows:

Bamboo Forest Grove
Tenryuji
Okochi Sanso Villa

Is this doable for half day? Will I be back in Kyoto station around noon or so? I have the afternoon planned for Higashiyama district.

If someone can give me very detailed instructions on best transportation options for my entire Arashiyama trip (getting from one place to the other) and also I need help in ordering them up so it can be seen with the least time possible. I went to Arashiyama using JR to Sagaarashiyama station and wanted to find the bamboo forest grove but we never found it. I found Tenryuuji though (by accident haha). I am willing to cab going to Arashiyama this time if it will be easier to navigate for me. How early should we start to finish before or around noon. I want to avoid having lunch in Arashiyama because I heard there are no good restaurants to eat in.

Thank you!
by miara rigawa  

Re: Arashiyama Itinerary with Detailed Directions 2015/3/29 22:43
by red (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama Itinerary with Detailed Directions 2015/3/30 08:43
If you want to see a good half day itinerary for Arashiyama, there already is one online:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3950_arashiyama_half.html
Although for the bridge, it is not anything like you'd see in Iwakuni, and nearly like any other bridge with cars and trucks roaring over it - you can all but cross it and not look back.
One of the best places to see there though is the often overlooked Otagi Nenbutsu-ji - it is more whimsical and one of the most humorous places you will see in Japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efvtB_5jmjA
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama Itinerary with Detailed Directions 2015/3/30 10:03
No good restaurants? I would like to challenge however said that.

Although, it is surely more pricey than a ramen store it serves good food. Like Gion, it is one of the old entertainment districts with many established names.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama Itinerary with Detailed Directions 2015/3/30 13:41
The itineraries do not have walking directions from Sagaarashiyama station to where Tenryuuji is.

I would love to have that information, if anyone can help me. (I tend to get lost a lot haha)

Also, is it better to go to Tenryuuji first or the bamboo forest first?

@ Ken: I am very tempted to add Otagi Nenbustsuji after seeing that video! Is it easy to get to it?

@Joshua Hugh: I am very open to a few suggestions! :)
by miara rigawa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread