Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Commuter pass help 2015/3/31 00:06
Hey guys,
I'm travelling to japan for an exchange program in Waseda University and I found a dormitory for a very reasonable price in Tsurumi, Yokohama. Do you think it'll be possible for me to get a student pass? or do I need to get a commuter pass?
How much will it cost?

Thank you for your help!!

by Nathalie (guest)  

Re: Commuter pass help 2015/3/31 12:10
Getting a student commuter pass requires a special document from your school. Ask them if they issue it for exchange students.

Regular commuter pass prices are given on Hyperdia. As far as I know, the prices of student commuter passes are only available from the companies' websites in Japanese.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Commuter pass help 2015/3/31 12:57
You can buy a student commuter pass when you live in Tsurumi. Just present your Waseda student card back side to Midori-no-madoguchi(JR ticket counter desk) or ask station staffs for Keikyu-line.
Waseda doesn't issue a printed student commuter pass certificate, it's already printed on the back side of card.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Commuter pass help 2015/3/31 13:18
I believe a student card is not sufficient for a commuter pass and you need a 通学証明書.

Re: Commuter pass help 2015/3/31 13:20
Or maybe that's whatyou mean by "student commuter pass certificate", but it's not sure whether they issue it also to exchange students.

Re: Commuter pass help 2015/3/31 14:33
Waseda doesn't issue a printed certificate for transport passes, the certificate is actually printed on the back of your student ID card.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Commuter pass help 2015/4/1 12:14
If your campus is in Shinjuku, Tsurumi is very far from there. You'd better find a place somewhere near the campus. There must be many accomodations for students around there.
by c.hama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread