Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurobe Gorge railway only to Nekomata? 2015/4/1 01:44
I was planning to take the Kurobe Gorge railway on April 18 but the schedule on their website says that trains will be running only as far as Nekomata station. Will I get some nice views of the gorge if I go only so far, or would it be best to defer my visit until the full route is open? Are there trails from Nekomata station to walk a bit further into the gorge?
Thanks!
by Elbereth (guest)  

Re: Kurobe Gorge railway only to Nekomata? 2015/4/1 12:33
The best time for Kurobe Gorge is during autumn foliage season. It is not worth it if one could not go all the way to Keyakidaira and walk down to scenic Sarutobikyo Gorge, IMO.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Gorge railway only to Nekomata? 2015/4/1 13:55
Thank you!
by Elbereth (guest) rate this post as useful

Stargazing in Hakuba? What else to do? 2015/4/1 14:05
I'm going on the Tateyama Alpine route in late April and am interested in staying somewhere overnight along the way. I would have loved to stay at Hotel Tateyama or Midagahara because the night sky there looks absolutely stunning from pictures, but I'm afraid they're way out of my budget. I could however go to Hakuba village after I finish the alpine route and spend the night there. Would Hakuba be a good choice for stargazing?

And what could I do in Hakuba next day? Will it be too early for hiking in early April?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Kurobe Gorge railway only to Nekomata? 2015/4/1 14:17
Could not help with the Hakuba part, but when you said you will be there early April how "early"? Note that the Alpine Route does not fully open till mid April - April 16 to be exact!
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Gorge railway only to Nekomata? 2015/4/1 14:46
No, I'll be there in late April. April 18th actually.

reply to this thread