Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone for 1 day 2015/4/2 06:14
Hello!
I am Planning my trip to Hakone and would like to experience staying in a Ryokan in Hakone for one night - Sunday June 20th. I am travelling with 2 other people and we would like the Ryokan/Onsen experience.
Can you please recommend some places to stay? I am travelling from Tokyo - Hakone Morning of June 20th and staying in Hakone over night and leaving the next day to Kyoto.

Im not sure what areas of Hakone would be best to stay. Budget i would like to pay 100-200 per night for the 3 of us if possible.

I will have JR Rail Pass and plan to buy Hakone Free pass to get around Hakone.
Is the Hakone Free Pass needed if i have the JR pass?

Thank you!
by wanderluster718  

Re: Hakone for 1 day 2015/4/2 09:05
Sorry, I have no recommendations for a ryokan in Hakone. I am still looking myself for a good one. The ones I have stayed at so far were always below the hospitality level and cost-value ratio of ryokan in resorts less easily accessed from Tokyo.

I will have JR Rail Pass and plan to buy Hakone Free pass to get around Hakone. Is the Hakone Free Pass needed if i have the JR pass?

The Japan Rail Pass cannot be used to travel around Hakone! You better get a free pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone for 1 day 2015/4/2 12:58
Ryokan in Hakone recommendation:

http://www.2think.org/japan-hotels.shtml
by acase (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone for 1 day 2015/4/2 17:10
You can use JR Shinkansen as far as Odawara, and from there you can buy an "inside Hakone only" version of Hakone Free Pass (the one that does not include the Shinjuku - Odawara legs) to get around within Hakone area.

As ryokans tend to include meals (though not all), 200 dollars (I assume?) for three people would be tight, considering also that you plan to stay there on Saturday. I only see several "one room for three people for under 20,000 yen" plans listed on Japanese booking site, and all are without any meals.

If you are going to stay in a good ryokan (of the traditional type, not the "budget" type in bigger cities called "ryokan" for some reason), I would plan to spend a bit more...
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone for 1 day 2015/4/3 07:18
Thank you for the replies! So I will definitely purchase a hakone free pass. I really am just interested in the hakone ropeway to see Mount Fuji and visiting an onsen. Is 100-200/ person not realistic for a ryokan ? Are there other places to recommend staying maybe just an inn instead of moderately priced hotels? I'm not sure which onsen I will visit but tenzan is rated rhe best.
by wanderluster718 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone for 1 day 2015/4/3 09:17
Oh, I thought you meant "100-200 (US dollars) per night for the 3 of us" in total. If it's "per person," that's very well doable :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone for 1 day 2015/4/3 09:24
is there a good or preferred website i could browse for Ryokans? I've been checking Agoda but i haven't found anything i liked on this site. If they are too expensive i will just stay at a budget hotel.
by wanderluster718 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone for 1 day 2015/4/3 11:24
Check out this website
http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com

by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

reply to this thread