Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enoshima in april 2015/4/7 15:20
Hi

I am thinking of doing a day trip to enoshima end of April. Is it too cold then? Since its by the sea? I am not looking to swim in the sea but just walking around and enjoying the sights etc. What would the temperature feel like?

Thanks for any input! :)
Cheers
by koko (guest)  

Re: Enoshima in april 2015/4/7 16:37
Depending on the weather it can be a bit chilly than other places in the sense that there is little to block the wind. But generally speaking, the Shonan area is supposed to be a warmer resort because of the Pacific current.

I would be more concerned about the crowd, though. The end of April is already Golden Week mode, and Enoshima is always crowded on Holidays. Try to go uphill if you want to avoid the crowd. You'll get a great view, too. Also, if you're riding the Enoden train (which I hope you are), wait in the queue at Kamakura station for the next train so that you can secure a seat or a scenic spot at the front or rear.

Road traffic will be terrible for drivers.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enoshima in april 2015/4/7 17:04
Ah, I am in tokyo 19-26 April. That should be ok right? ':)
Thanks for the tips! :D
by koko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enoshima in april 2015/4/7 23:09
April 25th itself is a weekend. Try to go there before that.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enoshima in april 2015/4/7 23:53
If you get on the Enoden at Kamakura, the ocean will be on the left side.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Enoshima in april 2015/4/8 05:02
I hadnt expected it to be crowded - we are going to Enoshima on Tuesday 27th and leaving on Thursday 29th direct to Narita by the NEX.

I see that the 28th is a public holiday. Do you think we will have any trouble with trains on the4 27th or the 29th? We will have all of our luggage with us...
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enoshima in april 2015/4/8 05:06
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/tourist/hotel/
Maybe can forward your lugguage in advance to airport?
by koko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enoshima in april 2015/4/8 06:26
Thanks - yes, I might try that if we can get it there the same day.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread