Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what is the interesting of sumo 2015/4/11 21:32
Is sumo interesting for woman at general?how long the time for watch 1 game sumo? Any interesting we can.do beside watch sumo tournament (ryogoku)?
by sun (guest)  

Re: what is the interesting of sumo 2015/4/12 11:13
This page explains the various ways to enjoy sumo culture:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2080.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: what is the interesting of sumo 2015/4/13 14:10
If you enjoy sports then you may enjoy sumo. The culture is also quite fascinating and definitely recommend visitors attend a tournament if they can. The tournament lasts about 2 weeks, but most people just go for a few hours in the afternoon to check out the top ranked guys. The morning can be spent at the excellent Edo Tokyo Museum just behind the stadium.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: what is the interesting of sumo 2015/4/14 11:50
I'm a woman and I love watching sumo. As others have said, most people go later in the day to see the top-ranking players but a whole day at the sumo lasts for several hours if you want to see the earlier games. They have other entertainment during the day, such as Japanese singers and comedy routines.
by jennjett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: what is the interesting of sumo 2015/4/14 15:05
i never watch sumo.but i am curious about many review that said it is the highlight on tokyo.but i am not sure. is it still interesting if i buy the cheapest ticket on the day and watch the sumo from the distance?
by sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: what is the interesting of sumo 2015/4/14 21:42
If you don't know what it is or don't know much about it, I wouldn't bother unless you do a little research about the sport. I thoroughly enjoyed the March 2013 Osaka basho, but I knew what it entailed.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: what is the interesting of sumo 2015/4/15 14:33
It is a honest sport. Win or lose is decided in seconds often. No cheating or wrong call like baseball, soccer, etc.
If you don't know, don't bother just because others recommend.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: what is the interesting of sumo 2015/4/15 19:34
ok thx all for the replies, i decided to not watch the sumo, because the ticket is not cheap and i'm lack of sport interest.
by sun (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread