Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay? 2015/4/16 22:03
Hi, Advice please: Itinerary has been Tokyo 3nights, Nagano - Yudanaka area 2nights, Matsumoto 1 night and Kyoto for 3 nights (planned) the unplanned is 20,21 and 22.. It would be good to travel from Kyoto before midday 21 April as JR Pass will expire. Is there a seaside town somewhere that is easy to access from Kyoto and then to get to Narita the next day for flight out 23rd April in the evening...
by Kellie O  

Re: Where to stay? 2015/4/18 20:22
Look at a map of Japan - Kyoto is not near the sea. Nara is quite close to Kyoto (less than an hour by train) and very enjoyable, and accessible by JR train. There's also Osaka, Himeji and Uji.

P.S. I don't really understand your post. Do you not have somewhere to stay on the 20th-22nd, but want to travel from Kyoto on the 21st? Doesn't that mean you're staying in Kyoto during that period? And Narita airport is a long way away from Kyoto.

P.P.S. "Midday" won't matter for your JR Pass. JR Passes are valid for calendar days; e.g. even if you activate it at midday on the first day, it expires at midnight of the seventh day, not the midday after.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? 2015/4/18 20:46
Hello.
If you want to visit a seaside town where is easily to access from Kyoto,I would recommend Atami in Izu Peninsula located east of Shizuoka prefecture.
You can visit there easily from Kyoto by taking Shinkansen to Atami station.It takes within 3hours.
You can get back to Narita from Atami by taking Shinkansen to Tokyo and changing trains to Nex.It also takes about 3hour.
Atami has many onset ryokans.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? 2015/4/18 21:20
I agree, the Izu area will give you a Onsen town with one of the best seaside and ocean view in Japan, also returning to Tokyo isn't a distances.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? 2015/4/18 22:04
If your looking at Izu, I'd probably suggest Ito over Atami. It is another 20 minutes by train from Atami but it's much less built up and gives you a good feel for the less Western touristy Japan.

If you want suggestions on what to see or where to stay, give me a PM.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay? 2015/4/18 22:19
To give you a example, this is the hotel I have made reservation for.

21750 yen for a twin room with open air bath, halfboard meal with abalone, beef and seafood meal, you can also select a tatami room for the same price, you can also have a room without open air bath.

excellent view.

http://www.h-atami.com/index.html
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread