Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost Things in Train 2015/4/16 23:11
Hi,

I am losing my bag in train from Keisei-Ueno station heading to Narita Airport at April 8th2 2015. I know it's a bit late, because I am waiting for my friends that still in japan to check it for me. But he found nothing, so i decided to try it myself.

it happens when I'm at Keisei-Ueno station and I enter the train in platform 2, then I ask someone is this the right train and he told me to go by train in platform 3. So i pick my bag and go to platform 3 but i left one bag inside the train.

By the time i realize my stuff is gone, the train in platform 2 already gone.

So i ask the station staff and they told me to go by skyliner so I will arrive faster at narita and pick up my bag there. Then I follow their suggestion.

Thing is, my stuff isn't there.

Is there any chance that someone report my bag in some station ? or it is unreported, or found late.

How do i contact the lost and found ?

it has been 8 days since then, so what do you think about my stuff ? is it still on the lost & found or already moving to other places ?

my bag contains photographic stuff and it's expensive. Hope someone could help me.

Thanks
by Shrikestrike (guest)  

Re: Lost Things in Train 2015/4/17 10:02
Why wait 8 days. You should go to the train ticketing counter and ask for help.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Things in Train 2015/4/17 11:25
Maybe already move to Lost&Found center of Police Department.

Keisei Lost&Found center : 03-5876-8915 (Mon-Sat 12:00-19:00 )
https://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/kouhou/lost_top.htm

Metropolitan Police Department Lost&Found center : 03-3621-2315
http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/kouhoushi/no4/welcome/tour134.htm

Searching results over 130 bags(small to large)
and 2 camera listed (only picked on trains/rail stns)
(no each pics/not only Keisei rail all railways of Tokyo)

Lost : "otoshi-mono" in Japanese.
by MSG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Things in Train 2015/4/17 14:21
Shrikestrike,

I assume you are already outside Japan.

Has your friends filed a report directly to the police? I say this because if the bag was stolen, you need to file a report to the police instead of the railway company.

Tell your friends to ask the police, "What can the owner of the bag do if (s)he is already outside Japan and thinks that the bag is stolen?"
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Things in Train 2015/4/17 18:13
A hand bag with black and peach color is delivered to Narita Airport Police Department on the 9th April 2015.

And another black hand bag with suite and food is also delivered.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Things in Train 2015/4/18 02:35
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DEu8kxDxD7Y/U2FpuzbUWoI/AAAAAAAAAPU/kspAszWI...

@tokyofriend

Open the link above, do u see any bag look like this ? Because it might be mine...

To all...

I dont wait for 8 days, but i was hoping that my friend who's still in tokyo to get it for me but when he go to keisei ueno station, the staff said they did not see any bag like my description.

Is it easy for foreigner to collect bag from police station by phone ? If possible and if my bag has been found, i plan to go back to tokyo to get my bag.
by Shrikestrike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Things in Train 2015/4/18 08:57
If friend have cellphone or tablet/mobile PC just showing that photo
at police station or nearest police box(kouban[交番]) enough anytime(no closing time/day).
Don't forget to explain about case(not bag they felt) of camera tools brand "Konova" name again and again.
Konova is not major brand in Japan so they felt "What tool for?" most if slider/arms(?) with.

Also you can call to Keisei and Police department both from oversea.
Head number "03" part(means call to Tokyo) make change to "081 3".
081 means "Japan" as international call(country number)
and no need "0" of 03 but calling fee will expensive.
Asking by english no problem.

Say
date of lost
where(in Keisei train)
case(bag) color
case size (how long in "cm")
tool detail(Konova is what) if with all.
by MSG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Things in Train 2015/4/18 15:31
The detail I added is recorded in Chiba prefecture Police Department, found properties section. I don't know about the size of bag. It says only black and peach color.

If the bag is found, I suppose the bag is kept in Narita Airport Police Department or Chiba prefecture Police Department. If the bag went to Narita but was found and reported in Tokyo, I suppose the bag is kept in Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department or one of local railway station in Tokyo.

I think you can clearly tell you friend who is in Tokyo about the description of bag(size, color, any belonging in the bag), he/she will help you to find it.
I can not help, because I have never seen the bag.

by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread