Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway 2015/4/18 17:47
Hi, I have read on Nagasaki's official tourism website that the Nagasaki Ropeway to Mt Inasa will be closed from 7 May 2015 to Feb 2016. Is this confirmed? Anyone heard anything about this?
by Wendy1234  

Re: Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway 2015/4/18 18:38
Confirmed!

There will be substitute buses:
http://www.city.nagasaki.lg.jp/kanko/850000/p026253.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway 2015/4/18 20:24
We recently went to Mt Inasa (March) and paid for a taxi to and from Nagasaki station. There were 3 of us, and the taxi fare was the equivalent of 3 of us using a bus and the ropeway.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway 2015/5/1 02:50
I understand that there will be buses from Nagasaki Station to Inasayama bus stop and from the bus stop, it will be another 15mins climb to the summit. Is this climb a walking on stairs or just gentle slope?
by Wendy1234 rate this post as useful

Re: Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway 2015/5/1 03:11
I was there on March 28th and I remember the bus stop and the parking lot for the taxis being right at the base of the observatory. Those who wished to take the ropeway had to walk less than five minutes to the observatory. The wait to get down the ropeway just after dusk, however, was at least an hour!

People took a cab and held the cab at the summit and took it back down. I don't remember seeing any other place where buses would park and definitely it wasn't a 15 minute hike. They drive up right to the observatory.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway 2015/5/1 21:09
Thanks to all for the useful info!
by Wendy1234 rate this post as useful

Re: Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway 2015/5/12 02:02
I plan to go the summit of mt.inasa this end of may 2015.
If i take a taxi from Nagasaki station to the summit. How much does it cos? and it there any taxi at the summit of mt.inasa to bring me back to the Nagazaki station at night.
by tanachai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway 2015/5/12 07:07
We took a taxi from Nagasaki station to Mt Inasa in late March. It cost about 1800Yen. Many people kept the taxi there while they went and took pictures: I have no idea what that would add to the cost: we asked our driver for a number and rang for another taxi when we were finished, and kept enjoying the view until it arrived.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Closure of Nagasaki Ropeway - "Hoofing It" 2015/11/30 09:11
I was there on October 30 and the Ropeway was closed. Going to the top by foot is very strenuous - I did it. I was told there are about 440-450 steps with stretches of pathway interspersed. If you are not in decent shape, I would not suggest trying on foot. If you do, figure 15-25 minutes to get to the top, depending on how many times and for how long you need to stop. Good news, there is a vending machine with tea and soda at the top so bring your cash.
by Larry (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread