Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get back from Akechidaira (Nikko)? 2015/4/20 03:13
Hi there. In a few weeks we travel to Japan our first time. And Nikko seems to be very nice. And after seeing the beautiful temples, shrines and the Shinkyo bridge, we'd like to go with the Akechidaira cable car to the viewing platform.

Like I understood, we can board one of the busses, which goes to Chuzenjiko Onsen or Yumoto Onsen, right?! And the duration is ca. 30 minutes.

And how can we get back? Japan-guide says: "Note that buses in the opposite direction do not stop at Akechidaira".
What does it mean? Do we have to board a bus there and then go all the way to Chuzenjiko? And then back to Nikko station from there? And do we need to pay every bus ride additionally (with 1,100 yen each and per person)?

Maybe you've already made some experience and can help me. I would be very grateful for answers and, if you can forgive my broken English.

Thank you
by RexMundi  

Re: How to get back from Akechidaira (Nikko)? 2015/4/20 10:38
Yes, you have to travel via Chuzenjiko Onsen.

As for the fare, I think you have to pay three times, once for each section traveled:
1) Nikko to Akechidaira
2) Akechidaira to Chuzenjiko
3) Chuzenjiko to Nikko

Alternatively, there is a bus pass for 2000 yen, which I think is cheaper.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: How to get back from Akechidaira (Nikko)? 2015/4/21 16:56
Thank you very much.

Is it possible to board the bus to Chuzenjiko Onsen at the Nishi-Sando station?

And can you tell me how long it will take. I mean the duration only for travelling by bus.

Thank you so much for your help.
by RexMundi rate this post as useful

Re: How to get back from Akechidaira (Nikko)? 2015/4/25 01:38
Hello,
yes, you can board the bus at the Nishisando bus stop as well. The ride from there up to Chuzenji onsen and lake takes about 40 mins, to Akechidaira it would be about 10 mins less. The 1-day 2000 JPY bus pass would definitely pay off in your case. (you can buy it in the Tobu Nikko trains station).
by Hana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get back from Akechidaira (Nikko)? 2015/4/28 17:32
Thank you very very much.
by RexMundi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread