Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/24 15:08
I have some questions for the Tokyo Metro System. It's mostly oddity trivia questions some of you might be able to answer.

1. Do all the Metro Lines intersect somewhere?
2. Do any of the lines intersect more than once?
3. What line is the busiest during rush hour?
4. Which one is the busiest during NON rush hour?
5. Which two destinations have the most# of stops if the Yamanote Line did not exist?
by japantraveladdict  

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/24 17:43
Not sure why you bring up the Yamanote since it's not a Tokyo Metro line...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/24 17:59

1. Do all the Metro Lines intersect somewhere?
Yes

2. Do any of the lines intersect more than once?
yes

3. What line is the busiest during rush hour?
At least one of them

4. Which one is the busiest during NON rush hour?
At least one of them

5. Which two destinations have the most# of stops if the Yamanote Line did not exist?
Destination? the number would be "1", for example the metro lines that go to Shibuya stop at Shibuya (1) - but there are several metro lines that go there (and a couple of JR lines too)

Alternative question - what do you actually want to know?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/24 18:02
You can see the map.
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/subwaymap/pdf/routemap_en.pdf

About busy trains, it depends on the section and the direction.
by ajapaneseboy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/24 18:15
Hi There. I have answered these based on the Tokyo Metro only, not the Toei subway as well.

1. No they do not. The most that meet in one place are four different lines.
2. Yes they do. Not sure of exactly how many times.
3. and 4. From what I can see, the busiest line is the Tozai Line.
5. Even Im not too sure?

You may have to try and translate the Japanese websites to get more affirmative answers.
by Main777 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/24 19:06
The OP probably means "trains within Tokyo metropolitan" when (s)he says "Tokyo Metro System," because there is no such railway company/system by that specific name.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/24 21:52
This may not help you in a Trivia competition
All lines variously are busy at all times...forget rush hour etc, it is a huge city with different working centrals, huge numbers of business people moving between appointments, residents going about their daily business, and tourists doing their tourist thing.
Have a look at the Tokyo Transport Map: Tokyo has a number of major intersecting areas: you may need to count for yourself....

by AusTF rate this post as useful

UCO 2015/4/25 07:17
There are two "official" subway systems in Tokyo; Tokyo Metro (formerly EIDAN) and TOEI (Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transport.
Metro has 9 subways. TOEI has 4 subways, a streetcar line (Arakawa line), an automated guideway (the Nippori-Toneri Liner), a Monorail at the Ueno zoo and a large fleet of busses.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/28 15:50
Well, the main reason here is just pure amazement at the complexity of the rail system. I'm trying to put a method to madness that I find myself in whenever I'm inside the Tokyo Rail network.

The subway (Metro) is what I am most amazed at. One time I found myself trying to take the lines apart visually and they all seem strategically placed. My small knowledge just told me that the Mtero mostly covers most of the important places with the Yamanote serving as a huge wall to lean on to interconnect some stations that the Metro doesn't.

I'm just trying to have a better appreciation of the whole network. Hence the questions.
by japantraveladdict rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/28 20:32
Ifm smiling: :-), no offence intended
As a total lover of maps (devour them, spend hours looking at them: always have: loved the family Atlas from pre-school)
I guess itfs the Left brain/Right brain thing:
In terms of Metro maps (wherever....Tokyo, New York, London etc ) I just look at where I need to go, and the easiest way to get there...and only then, when time allows, admire the brains which originally set the whole thing up: and quiver at the the thought of the gholey tunnel terrorh of the underground systems: the worldfs 3 major cities are basically built on honeycomb!!
lol
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/28 22:11
Ahh a fellow map collector! Yeah I know my way well around New York City and to me, the Tokyo Metro is FAR more complex and a it makes it more marvelous and brain wracking to think about.

But yeah I wanna "untangle" the mess and understand the method to the madness.
by japantraveladdict rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Metro Trivia Questions 2015/4/29 01:17
Dick, I probably made you misunderstand, but that's okay.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread