Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best days to visit Ohara & Takao 2015/4/26 11:51
Hi everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Kyoto in mid-May and am struggling with my itinerary in terms of the best days to visit certain places to avoid the crowd.

Between the weekend and Monday, which days are best to visit Takao, Ohara and Northern Higashiyama (Ginkaku-ji Temple, Philosopher's Path etc.)?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you in advance :)
by Summerfall (guest)  

Re: Best days to visit Ohara & Takao 2015/4/26 16:50
My favorite time to visit Kyoto is the second half of May because it is a very quiet time there. It is off-season and after Golden Week. So, you will miss the chaos of the autumn foliage and cherry blossom seasons.

I have visited all of the places that you have mentioned in in the second half of May and have never encountered large crowds (or even small ones) at all.

Hope this helps.
by ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best days to visit Ohara & Takao 2015/5/7 15:14
Thanks so much for your reply ohara (I didn't realise I had gotten a reply). That gives me a huge peace of mind and I'll happily visit Takao and Ohara during the weekend :)
by Summerfall (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread