Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/1 20:12
Hello,

Can anyone advise wether Tsuru-no -yu onsen is the same as Nyuto Onsen?

I have finished my driving plan for June for 27 days in Tohoku and taken up the recommendation of William to stop by Nyuto Onsen.

Unfortunately I am not able to find the mapcode of this onsen. Any help will be much appreciated. A kanji translation of the onsen will be appreciated too as I am not able to get in in google translator to check out the mapcode.

Thanks in advance.
by reynoldswsc  

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/3 12:15
Can anyone advise wether Tsuru-no -yu onsen is the same as Nyuto Onsen?

No, it is not. Nyuto Onsen is the name for an entire collection of hot springs and hot spring lodgings. Tsurunoyu is just one of these lodgings that make up Nyuto Onsen.

Unfortunately I am not able to find the mapcode of this onsen. Any help will be much appreciated.

435 483 268

A kanji translation of the onsen will be appreciated too as I am not able to get in in google translator to check out the mapcode.

’ί‚Μ“’‰·ς
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/4 01:39
Uji-san,

Thank you and appreciated.
by reynoldswsc rate this post as useful

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/4 02:33
Hi reynoldswsc, nice to see you here again, still busy planning your Tohoku road trip!?

Tsurunoyu Onsen is very popular, have you secured a room there yet (may encounter difficulty if not) or are you only going for a day time dip?

BTW, my mapcode finding for Tsurunoyu Onsen is slightly different at 435 484 240. Different systems yield different readings and I am sure you won't end up missing the place.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/4 12:52
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/4 13:41
Hi, William!
Glad to see you again. Yes, am just back from Inner Mongolia and start finalizing my Tohoku 27 days driving in June. Most hotel/ryokan are booked but as you said have difficulty to get a lodging in Nyuto Onsen. So i decided to to just pass by for a dip and look around departing from Morioka where i will put up for a night.
I have taken up most of your suggestion as per your earlier advice which is much appreciated and very helpful. I have a few more question, maybe you or other can advise further:
1) My plan is to drive from Morioka-Nyuto Onsen-Lake Tazawa-Kitakami-Hanamaki-Tono-Miyako in a day but it is 340 km and from google map, it takes nearly 8 hrs. I believe it it too rush if I intend to stop enroute to see some of the sights and the onsen dip. Can anyone advise which will be a better break off point for a night before proceeding to Miyako.Jodoghama? Or a diversion from above route nearby for a stay before travelling onwrds to Miyako?

2) I can't really find a hotel and ryokan stay at Oirase stream. Osore Onsen and also Dewan Sanzan. Any suggestion esp Dewa sanzan, I hope to find a lodging near the foothill instead of driving back to Sakata/Tsuruka where i will come from. I check Japanican, Rakuten, Booking.com but can't find any.

3) I follow your advise hoping to see the Kandachime horses near Shiriyazaki Lighthouse area. Do you think there will be some wild one in June as from web info, they seem to only appear in winter.

4) I was advise that in June there will be no chance to visit some private apple farms in Aomori neigbourhood. It is a pity.

Any further advise and recommendation from you or other readers will be appreciated.

P/s: Themap code from Uji-san and yours are akin to each other. I use Mapion site and get a slight different one too. It shold be ok as long as I am close to it...:)
@ Luisjp- Thanks

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/4 15:51
Morioka-Nyuto Onsen-Lake Tazawa-Kitakami-Hanamaki-Tono-Miyako in a day is definitely too much! Consider spending a night in either Kitakami or Hanamaki, Kitakami has some budget stays whereas Hanamaki is good for an onsen stay.

For Oirase Stream is it possible for you stay in Towada-ko!? For Osore-zan we used Mutsu as a base. For Dewan Sanzan Tsuruoka is the logical base although it does requires a bit of driving back and forth. There are some simple lodgings up the mt but I don't think it will suit you as you are using a car.

We came into contact with a couple of Kandachime horses in the open field of Cape Shiriyazaki during early May and my wife was able to feed them with carrots, doubtful though they were wild as there was an attendant looking after them.

For apple farms it might be easier to visit one near Hirosaki instead of Aomori. We went for the following farm but it was not in season when we were there late April. The farm is open year round and admission is free.
http://www.city.hirosaki.aomori.jp/ringopark/index.html

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/4 19:02
Hi, William,

You have been very helpful.

I was actutally contemplating to stop over in Kakunodate as driving
to Kitakami will incur an additional 2 hrs for a mere 95km!
For Oirase, I booked a ryokan in Lake Towada yeterday and for Osore, I booked Hotel New Yagen in Mutsu too.

Well if there is no hotel nearer to Dewa sanzan , it seems that I will have no alternative but to f=drive back to Tsuruoka though it means a return drive of nearly 2 hr 40 min for a mere 35 km. ( wondering whether google give me the right time for such a short distance drive!)

Appreciate the additional feedback.

A great thank you!

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/5 02:28
Didn't see Kakunodate on your initial Morioka- Miyako route but yes it would be a good overnight stop-over. BTW, the drive from Kakunodate to Kitakami should be less than 1 hr 45 min.

Depending where you start in Dewan Sanzan the drive from Tsuruoka to Haguro-san is only 40 min. You can also consider the following lodging in Yudono-san.
http://www.dewasanzan.jp/publics/index/77/

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/6 02:06
William,

Thank you.

I have decided to follow your advice to say in Kitakami stopping enroute at Kakunodate which was actually recommended by you earlier mail.

I will actually from sakata to Dewa sansan and thereafter proceed to Odate after staying a night at neigbourhood of Dewa Sanzan . It appears that I will have to return at same day to Tsuruoka if I cant find a lodging there. Will surely check out the lodging link you ahve provided.

Thanks again.

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/7 17:07
Hi, William, me again!

I think the googke mp lead me to Dewa Sanzan and shows a drive of 2 hr. You are right as going to‰H•ŽR will take not more then 40min as you have kindly advised.
I therefore has decided to drive to Yuzawa to stay a night instead of going back to Tsuruoka.

I noted that there are a few places I should see in this area beside the onsen namely::

1) μŒ΄–Ρ‘ε“’‘κ ( KawarageOyutaki falls)
2) ¬ˆΐ‹¬‘啬“’ ( Oyasukyo Daifunto)
3) ‰@“ΰ‹βŽRΥ ( Inai Ginzan remains)
4) ‰F’ˆ‘ε‹΄ (Uchu Ohasji Bridge)

But I am not able to find the mapcode as the Mapion web get me no where. Can you or anyone help?

Thank in advance.

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/7 18:52
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/7 22:59
Luisp,

Thank you. I will try to use this to find the mapcode as I am more attuned to mapcode on gps.
Appreciated.

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/7 23:33
Mapcode for Kawarage Oyu-taki is 813 566 825, but note that it is off the road from the parking area and you still have to walk almost 20 min down a slippery trail to the falls. Are you going there for a dip? From what we read the 2 small pools there are open for dipping only during the summer months from July to mid September. While in the area don't miss out atmospheric Kawarage Jigoku.

Mapcode for Oyasu Gorge/Oyasukyo is 656-005-394 from where you have to walk down 300 steps to Daifuntou.

Inai Ginzan remains is next to Kanayama Shrine and the mapcode for Kanayama Shrine is 668 479 452.

Mapcode for Uchu Ohasji Bridge is 656 153 481 on Rte 323 near Minase Dam.

Re: Tsuru-no-yu Onsen (Nyuto Onsen) 2015/5/8 14:03
William,

You have been helpful as always which is deeply appreciated.

20 min walk is ok just to check out perhaps for next visit since I am anyway there for a nigh in Yuzawa.

Surely I will visit the Jigoku though I have seen quite some in Kyushu and Hokkaido.

Once again thank you.

reply to this thread