Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Owakudani in Hakone closed? 2015/5/4 21:27
Hi,

I heard something in the news this morning that Owakudani in Hakone will be closed until further notice to investigate something about earthquakes, is this true?

Is the whole of Hakone closed too?

Thanks
Alan
by Alan Chan (guest)  

Re: Owakudani in Hakone closed? 2015/5/5 10:55
I heard something in the news this morning that Owakudani in Hakone will be closed until further notice to investigate something about earthquakes, is this true?

No, it is not accurate! Only the walking trails around Owakudani got closed. The ropeway is still operating and the shops are open. However, I understand that the sale of the black eggs stopped because they are boiled in the hot pools that are located in the restricted area.

Is the whole of Hakone closed too?

No, certainly not.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani in Hakone closed? 2015/5/6 06:57
Note that of this morning, the Owakudani area has been closed completely and the ropeway to Owakudani will not operate. Still, the rest of Hakone remains unaffected.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani in Hakone closed? 2015/5/6 11:50
is it dangerous? usually how many days it will get normal?
i will go to owakudani at 15 may.thx
by sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani in Hakone closed? 2015/5/6 15:14
Many thanks Uji, did they say when it might be open again?
Thanks Alan
by Alan Chan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani in Hakone closed? 2015/5/13 08:45
Note that the cruise is also closed now :(
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani in Hakone closed? 2015/5/13 12:44
Is there any websites I can check on the status of the cruise at Lake Ashi as well as the ropeway from Gora to Sounzan via Owakudani?

We have a group from Malaysia who would like to visit Hakone on 22May2015 thanks
by Chris Chong (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread