Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita 3 then JR Pass 2015/5/9 08:07
Combining my last 2 threads:
has anyone now landed at Narita 3 (thinking Jetstar from Melbourne around 7.30am) and then gone to Narita 2 to activate a JR Pass?
If so, what were the queues like by then?
Many thanks!
by AusTF  

Re: Narita 3 then JR Pass 2015/5/10 02:22
by ACS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita 3 then JR Pass 2015/5/10 14:36
landed at Narita 3 (thinking Jetstar from Melbourne around 7.30am) AND THEN GONE to Narita 2 to activate a JR Pass
ACS: thanks, but I know all that
Looking for someone who has actually landed at Narita 3 then gone on to Narita 2 and the timing, delays etc
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Narita 3 then JR Pass 2015/5/10 17:05
Gooday. I took the Jetstar flight to terminal 3 landing at about 7PM rather than 7AM, so I dont know how much help this will be.

First, you have to walk across the tarmac - there arent air bridges. That said the Japanese do it all much better than we do at Coolangatta - the stairs are sort of covered and arent as wobbly, and they have a portable cover for the walk into the terminal. I dont know why our Coolangatta airport cant do similar, it is all very pov when you land here.

Anyway, baggage collection at terminal 3 isnt any slower than terminal 2, and immigration is faster, I think - at least at that time. So I'd think that you'd be out of immigration no later than a half hour after landing.

Then there is the walk to terminal 2. Well on the upside, it is nice to stretch your legs. On the downside, it is about 700m, and it essentially a corrigated tin clad walkway - one might think deliberately down market - which is semi open to the elements, so it was pretty cool when we landed (17 April) and I'd imagine it will get nice and warm in the summer months.

That takes maybe 10 minutes. Then you are in terminal 2. We didnt have to get a pass when we arrived, but there werent swarms of people around at that stage (maybe 8.15PM) so we were on the NEX pretty soon after.

I dont think that you will find it much slower than it had been getting into terminal 2, especially since we used to be at the end of the terminal.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita 3 then JR Pass 2015/5/11 13:54
Thanks Lazy Pious: as I thought...hope you enjoyed your trip.

Re: Narita 3 then JR Pass 2015/5/11 14:10
It was awesome thanks. Tokyo - Bessho onsen - Karuizawa - Kyoto - Kinosaki onsen - Kyoto - Enoshima - Narita. Recommend it highly...

And thanks for your help before we left...
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita 3 then JR Pass 2015/5/11 17:50
My pleasure......glad to have a fellow Aussie who ggetsh Japan....

Re: Narita 3 then JR Pass 2015/5/11 20:15
The travel office opens at 8.15. We also arrived in the evening. The queue was lengthy at that time of the night. Unlike my previous trip this time they had a sign to only allow booking of two sectors once your rail pass was exchanged. An initative no doubt to speed up the service when travelers try to book an entire itinerary. You self selected which two sectors to book. If your departing from terminal 3, leave plenty of time for security clearance. It was very slow.
by Broulee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread