Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to go to Takinoue and Yubetsu Park 2015/5/9 15:19
I'll be arriving at Hokkaido on 16 May 2015. I plan to visit the Takinoue and Yubetsu Parks. I don't drive. I plan to stay at Asahikawa on 16 May. Any suggestion on how to get there? By public transport or one-day tour? Any suggestions on alternative places to see the flowers are welcome. Many thanks.
by JJYu  

Re: How to go to Takinoue and Yubetsu Park 2015/5/9 17:02

I was in a same situation several years ago trying to visit Takinoue Pink Moss with public transport. Thankfully William5 gave me good advice and I ended up joining the TNT Tours (Taisetsu Nature Tours) from Asahikawa. I was glad that I took the tour. The office is just across the Asahikawa station. you could contact Greg for more information: greg@asahikawa-tourism.com
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to go to Takinoue and Yubetsu Park 2015/5/9 17:11
Actually I have quite extensive research on this. I did read your message. Unfortunately, there is no such tour from Asahikawa anymore. :( Don't know why. And the TNT tours from Sapporo are all full. If I go by myself via public transport. Seems I can go to either one in one day. Thanks anyway!
by JJYu rate this post as useful

Re: How to go to Takinoue and Yubetsu Park 2015/5/9 22:36
Going to Kamiyubetsu Tulip Park by public transports takes time, but it is still feasible as a day trip from Asahikawa. From Asahikawa it is about 2 hrs by train to Engaru and from Engaru there are daily buses to Mombetsu that have an enroute stop at the tulip park. The bus ride from Engaru to the park is less than 20 min.

http://www.h-kitamibus.co.jp/timetable/html/rosen.cgi?rname=:%97N%95%C...

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: How to go to Takinoue and Yubetsu Park 2015/5/10 11:14
Thanks William5. I have checked the train schedule. Seems it's not that frequent though. By the way, would it be possible to go to the Takinoue Park from Yubetsu? Ideal to go to both in one day :)

Re: How to go to Takinoue and Yubetsu Park 2015/5/10 12:30
Going to Takinoue Park from Kamiyubetsu Tulip Park you continue on the Engaru-Mombetsu bus to Mombetsu. From Mombetsu take the bus bound for Asahikawa and Sapporo and get off at Takinoue, but I'm not sure about the distance from the Takinoue bus stop to the park.

http://www.dohokubus.com/13s-monbetsu.pdf

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: How to go to Takinoue and Yubetsu Park 2015/5/10 15:42
Thanks again. Just checked the bus schedule. It's very tight, not much time to stay in the park and if something goes wrong, may not be able to catch the bus to go back to Asahikawa. So the ideal method is still through a one-day tour but unfortunately it's not offered any more at Asahikawa...... and the ones from Sapporo are all full in mid-May.....

reply to this thread