Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Access Express Kuramae-Oshiage-NRT 2015/5/15 13:30
Dear all,
I am not able to find out some info from the Internet and would really need some explanation here. I am departing on Fri 19 June 2015 in the morning. I am following Hyperdia's recommendation for the route below:
Board at 651am at Higashi-Shinguku (where my hotel is) to Kuramae,
transfer from Kuramae on Oedo Line to Toei Subway Asakusa line to take to Oshiage (timetable shows there is an Access Express train departing from Kuramae at 7.21am),
then from Oshiage to Aoto on Keisei Oshiage Line Access Express (departs 7.34),
and finally to Narita Airport Terminal 1 on Keisei Narita Sky Express Line (reach 8.30am).

My qns:
1) When I alight Kuramae metro, how far away to reach the Toei Subway Asakusa line so that I can board an access express train to Oshiage?
2) The timetable shows at 7.21am, there is an access express train from Kuramae. Is there true? How can I tell that it's an access express train and not a local train?
3) If I'm boarding an access express train from Kuramae, do I need to buy an access express ticket? If yes, where to buy it from? Does the counter at Toei Subway Asakusa Line sell it? Can I just use the Suica/Pasmo ticket?
4) From Kuramae's access train that goes to Oshiage then to Aoto towards Narita Airport terminal 1, do I need to get down to transfer at Oshiage and Aoto?
Please help me with my silly questions. I'm very lost. I do not want to take the Narita Express JR line as it's pricey. I cannot buy round trip ticket from Narita Airport because when I reach Tokyo for my holidays, I arrive at Haneda.
by Brownieluv  

Re: Access Express Kuramae-Oshiage-NRT 2015/5/15 13:47
It's actually direct between Kuramae and the airport. The two triangles in the left column mean that you stay in the same train (when you change trains there is the yellow "transfer" icon). No additional ticket needed, the Suica or PAsmo is sufficient.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Access Express Kuramae-Oshiage-NRT 2015/5/15 13:54
Thank you Firas for helping me with qns 3 n 4! Thank you for your time!
So I do not alight after getting on an access express train from Kuramae and do not need to worry about purchasing tickets for the train.

Can anyone help me with qns 1 and 2 if you have knowledge of it?
I am following Hyperdia's recommendation for the route below:
Board at 651am at Higashi-Shinguku (where my hotel is) to Kuramae,
transfer from Kuramae on Oedo Line to Toei Subway Asakusa line to take to Oshiage (timetable shows there is an Access Express train departing from Kuramae at 7.21am),
then from Oshiage to Aoto on Keisei Oshiage Line Access Express (departs 7.34),
and finally to Narita Airport Terminal 1 on Keisei Narita Sky Express Line (reach 8.30am).

My qns:
1) When I alight Kuramae metro, how far away to reach the Toei Subway Asakusa line so that I can board an access express train to Oshiage?
2) The timetable shows at 7.21am, there is an access express train from Kuramae. Is there true? How can I tell that it's an access express train and not a local train?
by Brownieluv rate this post as useful

Re: Access Express Kuramae-Oshiage-NRT 2015/5/15 13:58
At Kuramae, just follow the signs for the 7:21 train to Narita Airport, there will be only one.

Re: Access Express Kuramae-Oshiage-NRT 2015/5/15 14:14
And it seems that yes, the two Kuramae stations are actually quite far apart:

http://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/subway/stations/kuramae/i/map.jpg

And no, there is no special facilty to go from one to the other, you have to go through the streets.

Re: Access Express Kuramae-Oshiage-NRT 2015/5/15 14:31
Thank you so much.
The map is however in Jap. Do you mind pointing out which part I should zoom in at, so as to gauge the two Kuramae stations' distance and estimate my travel time? Sorry for the trouble!

Re: Access Express Kuramae-Oshiage-NRT 2015/5/15 14:39
You can just look up "Kuramae station" in Google Maps. The southern one is for Asakusa line and the northern one is for the Oedo line. Google Maps says it's about 300m and a 4-minute walk.

Re: Access Express Kuramae-Oshiage-NRT 2015/5/15 14:41
Firas! Thank you so much! You must be a frequent traveller or a Jap!

reply to this thread