Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Monthly salary 250000 JPY good for Osaka? 2015/5/21 18:05
I received a job offer from a company in Osaka. The company is offering 250000 JPY per month. I don't know if this is before or after tax.
The company didn't mention other parts of the job offer like health insurance, social insurance, employment insurance and welfare pension and full reimbursement of transportation expenses to and from work and bonuses. Though according to their career site page they provide all these benefits apart from bonuses. I think they do offer bonuses but it wasn't mentioned on their website.

So I have some questions: Should I ask the company if they provide these benefits including bonuses or does that come out as rude? And is 250000 JPY a month enough to live in Osaka?
Thank you.
by mkab  

Re: Monthly salary 250000 JPY good for Osaka? 2015/5/21 19:17
That is a very typical salary for a starting position. Unless specified otherwise, you can expect the amount to be the before tax amount, and Things like health insurance, and pension are most likely split between the company and you. The rest you are going to have to ask about.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Monthly salary 250000 JPY good for Osaka? 2015/5/21 20:50
there's a recent thread with the same topic:

http://japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+125988

i also asked same question before.
i will be receiving less salary and will work in tokyo, with no transportation reimbursement.

if i got an answer here that mine is still good, what more for yours: higher salary and in cheaper city
by soontobetokyogirl rate this post as useful

Re: Monthly salary 250000 JPY good for Osaka? 2015/5/22 06:04
@yllwsmrf
Thanks for the info. Guess I got to ask them after all

@soontobetokyogirl
Thanks for the links. Kinda got a global view on expenses in Japan.
Wow 200000 JPY must be tough to live with in Tokyo. Have you started your job? How are you coping?
by mkab rate this post as useful

reply to this thread