Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Kansai Hiroshima Pass 2015/5/22 12:58
Hello

I would like to travel to Japan for 13 days.

The first 8 days I will be in Kyoto. I will be coming from Kansai Airport buying ICOCA & Haruku . During my 8 days in Kyoto
will be using ICOCA card for the Kyoto Subway and JR train.
And taking Kyoto bus to the tourist attraction.

On the 9 days onwards I will be going to Hiroshima, Osaka and departure from Osaka to Kansai Airport.

Frankly speaking I am very confuse on the type of JR pass usage.

Can I buy Kansai Hiroshima Pass.

Can I used this way from Kyoto to Hiroshima, then
from Hiroshima to Osaka, final destination from Osaka
to Kansai Airport . The pass is meant for 5 days.

I need your kind advice on my trip.

thank you very much.

regards
kheng

by Ah Kheng  

Re: JR Kansai Hiroshima Pass 2015/5/22 15:39
The JR Kansai Hiroshima Pass is valid for 5 consecutive calendar days. Assuming you leave Kyoto on the 1st day of use, you can take JR Limited Express Haruka to Shin Osaka, but you cannot use the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Shin Osaka because it is under a different JR railway company JR Tokai. The JR Pass you are buying is from JR West. From Shin Osaka , you can take any type of Shinkansen, Mizuho, Nozomi, Sakura, (Kodama stops at all stations) to Hiroshima. Should you decide to visit Miyajima, the JR ferry is covered by the JR pass, do not take the other private ferry service which is not covered. Seat Reservations on all the JR trains in the area of travel coverage are not covered, you are only allowed to travel in the non reserved seat section, but there are always plenty of seats available. The areas of coverage will be shown on a map of the train routes that is printed onto your train pass. If your pass is still valid on the day of departure (the fifth day) from Osaka to Kansai Airport, you can take the Limited Express Haruka, but to get the maximum value from your pass, I would only consider doing it this way if mine is a night flight, I will never do this for a morning flight. I would recommend that you stop by at Fukuyama Castle which is next to the Shinkansen Station at Fukuyama and also I think you will like Onomichi.
If you prefer travelling on the Shinkansen with seat reservations, you might want to consider paying slightly more and buying the JR West Sanin Pass valid for 7 days, and reducing the time you spent in Kyoto by 2 days. The JR Sanin Pass extends your area of coverage to Hakata in Kyushu and if you like steam trains, there is the SL Yamaguchi from Yamaguchi station (seat reservations required) to Tsuwano, which runs on week ends.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Hiroshima Pass 2015/5/22 16:39
You said that you will be buying ICOCA and Haruka.
You will be using the train pass from day 9 to 13, leaving day 13.
Either you bring forward the day of pass usage from day 8 to 12 / or otherwise, do not buy the round trip ticket ICOCA and Haruka, you will have overlapping tickets on day 13.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread