Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yokohama & Kamakura 2015/5/24 10:09
Hello!

Is it worth going Yokohama and Kamakura in early August? Is it doable to visit both in a day? My concern is comfort during hot summer. May have no problem in air conditioned buildings in Yokohama (but lack of interesting sightseeing/historical places) but I can't say so for kamakura (attractive sites). Is it better to go from ikebukuro or tsukiji? (I hv booked rooms in both, different days).

Thank you!
by Beeeeee (guest)  

Re: Yokohama & Kamakura 2015/5/24 11:55
Is it worth going Yokohama and Kamakura in early August?

Yes, both cities are worth a visit at any time of the year.

Is it doable to visit both in a day?

It depends on how much you want to see. If you have just a single day for both, you will be limited to just one or two sites per city. And maybe even less during summer due to the heat slowing you down.

Is it better to go from ikebukuro or tsukiji?

Ikebukuro has direct trains to both Yokohama and Kamakura, while Tsukiji does not (one transfer needed). So, I would consider a trip from Ikebukuro to be slightly more comfortable.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama & Kamakura 2015/5/25 09:45
Thank you, Uji san!

Probably I should set off earlier in the morning and be more 'selective' in the sites that I plan to visit.
by Beeeee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread