Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Big Sight 2015/5/25 05:47
Will be visiting Japan for the first time in November to see the motor show at Tokyo Big Sight. Any recommendations on hotel lodging for 1 or 2 persons for 2 nights that would be convenient to the Odaiba area and JR Rail line (so I can use JR Rail pass). Looking at visit the motor show, Odaiba area and Tsujiki fish market in those 2 days before going to Kyoto. Looking for something in short walking distance ideally 5 minutes or less and able to use JR Rail pass. Right now looking at the Shinagawa station area.

Kyoto & Osaka: 2 or 3 days? Want to visit the golden temple, bamboo forest, zen rock garden, monkey park, nara the deer park and aquarium in Osaka. Thinking 1 night hotel, 2nd night ryokan in Kyoto. Wasn't sure if making Osaka a day trip on the third day was doable and just store luggage in a train locker for the day and then return by train to Tokyo. Any suggestions would be most welcome. The order of what to visit based on logistics/location would also be appreciated.

I'll be in Japan for 7 days. Arrive Saturday afternoon and leave Saturday afternoon.

by da kine  

Re: Tokyo Big Sight 2015/5/25 11:10
Any recommendations on hotel lodging for 1 or 2 persons for 2 nights that would be convenient to the Odaiba area and JR Rail line (so I can use JR Rail pass).

The Shiodome Area is nice, but note that none of the trains to Odaiba is covered by the Japan Rail Pass.

Looking for something in short walking distance ideally 5 minutes or less and able to use JR Rail pass. Right now looking at the Shinagawa station area.

Most good hotels are within a few minutes walk of a station in those areas.

Kyoto & Osaka: 2 or 3 days? Want to visit the golden temple, bamboo forest, zen rock garden, monkey park, nara the deer park and aquarium in Osaka.

You'll need 3 days for that. Luckily all the Kyoto sites are grouped together so you can easily do those in a day. Then Nara in a day and Osaka in a day.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread