Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/27 15:51
Does anyone here have experience with this? My friend and I (we are both male) booked a semi-double room for mystays in ochanomizu, and i am wondering will this be allowed? thank you to anyone who can help!
by Travis 3  

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/27 17:28
Sure, this is not Dubai.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/27 19:18
It's usually only love hotels that have same-sex gender restrictions.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/27 19:46
Toyoko Inn is also well known for their restrictive policies on same-sex room sharing.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/27 20:27
Toyoko Inn is also well known for their restrictive policies on same-sex room sharing.

Do you have a source for this? It's not on their website it seems...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/27 20:55
Is that Toyoko Inn's latest policy update?

I was staying with a same sex friend two months ago in Toyoko Inn - 3 nights in Hiroshima and 2 nights in Kagoshima.

Also during that period we had another two friends staying a couple nights at their property in Nagasaki.
by Cai_DY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/27 20:58
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan/766647-toyoko-inn-opinions-altern...

Fortunately Toyoko seems to be the exception rather than the rule . (And they seem to have a lot of other problems too, in terms of safety violations.)
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/27 21:18
it is very common that the married couple of Japanese (a male and a female) reserve a twin room. everything comes from different custom.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/28 00:56
ok! thank you all for the response! i ended up emailing the hotel and they indeed say it was ok! so it seems i worried for nothing! either way, thanks for the help!
by Travis 3 rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/28 01:28
Personally, I don't think you'll have many problems in Japan travelling as a gay couple.

While it's true that you won't see gay people kissing in the streets - this is also true for heterosexual couples as well.

You might get a slight raised eyebrow if you hug or hold hands - but this would probably happen to everyone else as well.

So all in all - I don't think Japan is any more of less homophobic than any other western country you may live in or visit.

I've stayed in Toyoko Inn many times and I think their policy comes mainly from the religious ownership of the company itself (I think).

This is a link from their website to the group I mentioned above...

http://www.e-naikan.com/engl_index.html

Enjoy your time in Japan!
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Mystays same-gender friendly? 2015/5/28 11:08
The OP never said they were gay...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread