Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Commemorative stamps and gotochi 2015/5/30 14:26
Hello,

Can I please ask whether Post Offices nearby Hiroshima, Okayama, Takamatsu (Shikoku) and Himeji Station sells Commemorative Stamps and Gotochi cards?

Thank you . :)

Cheers
Bei Hao
by Mikhail (guest)  

Re: Commemorative stamps and gotochi 2015/5/31 04:00
They do while stock last. I think post offices near large stations are visited by tourists a lot, so unsure about their stock. The local people don 't normally buy those stamps and cards so I guess post offices in residential area may have more stock of those.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Commemorative stamps and gotochi 2015/5/31 15:42
Many local residents buy commemorative stamps too. So do we buy Gotochi cards so that we can send out to friends in other parts of Japan.

It really depends on the stock and how popular these designs are, so all you can do is simply to walk into post offices and ask. Good luck finding good ones!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Commemorative stamps and gotochi 2015/6/1 08:36
All of those cities have many post offices. It should not be difficult to find one with each.
by PO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Commemorative stamps and gotochi 2015/6/1 13:10
The Tokyo Central Post Office, across from Tokyo Station on the Marunouchi side, has a philatelic section. I've been unable to find if other major post offices country wide have any philatelic sections. The "Central Post Office" in whatever city is probably the one you would look/ask for.

You can buy Japanese stamps and postal cards directly from the Ministry of Posts and Telegraphs, but only if you are in Japan (no foreign sales any more). Note that "postal cards" are postage-imprinted cards sold by a country's postal service , while "post cards" are those without postage, and sold by private companies.

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/kitte_hagaki/index.html

https://kitte-shop.post.japanpost.jp/goods/
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Commemorative stamps and gotochi 2015/6/1 14:24
Susan,

Please just note that "Gotochi" cards, made with a special design of a prefecture, are sold only in that particular prefecture, which makes them special :) They come without any printed postage, by the way.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Commemorative stamps and gotochi 2015/6/2 02:15
"They come without any printed postage, by the way. "

Which makes them post cards, and not postal cards.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread