Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo intenerary 2015/6/3 22:47
Hi there are 5 of us (3 adults n 2 children aged 11 n 4) visiting Tokyo on 7 to 16 Dec. We plan to spend four days at Disneyland n Disney sea . We are open for another 5 days.Hopefully, one day trip to experience snow? Will we be still in time to enjoy the autumn leaves color changing? Any suggestion?
by catleelk  

Re: Tokyo intenerary 2015/6/4 11:39
Hi , I'm Sho from Japan. I'm not good at English.

That sounds good, I hope you to enjoy Disney land .

About snow , and red leaves.
It depends on the weather. Nobody can know how it is.

But, Tokyo has many interesting place.
You will be able to change plans then.

Have a nice trip!
by Sh00000 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo intenerary 2015/6/4 11:53
Hi again,

You basically have very little chance. At the very best, the trees that have some autumn colors would have most of the leaves on the floor.

Autumn is mid oct to mid nov
Winter is Jan to Mar

Of course this changes depending on where exactly you are in Japan at this time. But from Mid nov to Jan, this is usually in betweens seasons. It depends on your luck. I recommend to start your trip, down south to see Autumn colours and to end your trip, up north (preferably about mountains) to see snow.

Note that Tokyo seldom has snow. You would have to try the Japan Alps or Tohoku for snow. Best is the mountains of Hokkaido

Since so, you might want to push disney to the middle of your travel plans.
by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo intenerary 2015/6/5 07:49
Hi catleelk,

Have you been to Studio Ghibli? They have a great cafe on site and a cat bus for your 4 year old to play on. Its at Mitaka Park, which is also fun to visit. Great place for kids and should take you about 2 to 4 hours to enjoy. You will need to get tickets in advance.

Also, would suggest going to Ueno Park or Shinjuku Gyoen if there are still autumn leaves to see. No certainty one way or another, but should your luck hold out always good to have plan.

Also, I would advise that you visit Disney on Weekdays, the crowds and lines on the weekend are unbelievable (not in a good way).

Another fun day might be a day trip out to Yokohama and visit the Cup Noodles Museum. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3212.html

Hope this helps. Have fun on your trip.
by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo intenerary 2015/6/5 11:22
If you want snow you could take a day trip to see the Snow Monkeys in Yamnouchi. Should be snow there then.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread