Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/8 16:57
Hi, I need some advice on use of ICOCA & HARUKA card during my 6 days 5 nites trip.

Below is my itinerary:
Day 1 - travel from Kansai Airport to Kyoto Station (JR Haruka)
Day 2- 3 travel within Kyoto (via Kyoto Railway & bus)
Day 4 - travel from Kyoto Station to Osaka Station (JR Todaiko), then to Daikokucho Station (Midosuji Line) (my hotel is near to this station)
Day 5- travel within Osaka
Day 6 - travel from Namba Station to Kansai Airport Station (via Nankai Line)

My questions are:
1. Can we use the ICOCA- HARUKA card within Kyoto on Kyoto Railway & bus?
2. Can we use the card on Midosuji Line from Osaka Station to Daikokucho Station?
3. Can we use the card on Nankai Line from Namba Station to Kansai Airport Station?
4. Should I purchase round trip card if it can be used on Nankai Line?
5. I came across with JR West Rail Pass (1 day pass), how it is different from ICOCA-HARUKA card?

Thanks,
LKM
by LKM (guest)  

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/8 17:26
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes, the icoca card can
4. no, it won't pay off if you don't use the haruka ticket
5. It's an unlimited pass that covers only JR lines on your route. The ICOCA Haruka ticket is generally a better deal for your itinerary.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/8 17:39
The ICOCA & Haruka is not a single card; it is a package containing an ICOCA card and a ticket for the JR Haruka train from Kansai Airport.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/9 12:22
Thanks all for the comments.

Since ICOCA-HARUKA card can also be used on Nankai Line, a round trip ICOCA-HARUKA card is more worthy to travel from Namba Station to Kansai Airport Station, correct?

Thanks,
LKM
by LKM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/9 12:39
The Icoca can be used, the Haruka ticket cannot, as it is valid only on JR trains.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/9 13:35
No. If you are using the Nankai line from the airport it is more cost effective to buy just an ICOCA card (or even a separate Nankai train ticket). The Haruka can only be used on the JR Haruka train, so you would be wasting money if you bought this.

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/9 13:39
The Haruka can only be used on the JR Haruka train, so you would be wasting money if you bought this.

But the first leg is to Kyoto in which case the ICOCA Haruka ticket will pay off.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/9 13:42
The Haruka ticket can be used on any JR train from KIX to any JR station in a designated area.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/9 15:16
Thanks for the feedback. I will get a one way ICOCA-HARUKA card, as my first leg is to Kyoto from Kansai Airport. And will use ICOCA card for other railways since it is just a preloaded card.

Thanks,
LKM
by LKM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka card 2015/6/9 15:26
My apologies for not being clear - I meant that if OP takes the Nankai train, it would be a waste of money to buy the Haruka ticket.

reply to this thread