Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Postcard Cost in Japan 2015/6/10 18:25
Hello,

I will be in Osaka/Hiroshima/Okayama/Himeji soon and planning to send 20 over postcards to overseas. I am on a limited budget so can anyone please help me with the questions below:

1) Will it difficult to find typical tourist view postcard? Where usually those are being sold?

2) How much approximately a postcard cost? Will there be places which sell slightly cheaper postcards compare to other places?

3) Are all postcards postage to any place in the world is flat at 70 yen?

4) How much the cost of Postcards postage if to send it within Japan? How about Gotochi Postcard?

5) Other than Vending Machine and Post Office, is there any place where I can buy stamps?

Sorry for my long winded question. Thank you in advance for the help. :)

Cheers.
by Imminent Traveller (guest)  

Re: Postcard Cost in Japan 2015/6/10 18:44
1) For "typical tourist" photo postcards, I tend to look at gift shops in big (international) hotels, and of course gift shops in those tourisy areas. I don't think it would be difficult.

2) Probably 120, 150 up to 200 yen

3) Yes, as long as they are not of large format.

4) 52 yen for regular postcards. Postage for Gotochi cards will be higher, 120 Yen I believe. For sending Gotochi cards outside Japan, they need to be placed in an envelope (so I was told at a big Tokyo post office).

5) Convenience stores, and concierge desk at big hotels.

by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Postcard Cost in Japan 2015/6/10 18:52
A regular postcard from Japan to overseas is 70 yen.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Postcard Cost in Japan 2015/6/10 18:53
Ah, never mind, I misread question 2. You can find some at 80-100 yen in some places as well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Postcard Cost in Japan 2015/6/10 20:06
I experienced that postcards doesn't seem to be that common in Japan, but netherless it is quite easy to find some at touristy spots and some shops in tourist areas.

Also, if you don't have any luck at all, try Loft! You can find a Loft shop in some department stores in big cities. Whenever I hadn't any luck to find postcards somewhere else, Loft always at least sold a couple of cards from the area or city I was. You can find your nearest Loft shop here: http://www.loft.co.jp/shop_list_en/
by CaroFromGermany rate this post as useful

Re: Postcard Cost in Japan 2015/6/10 21:27
Post cards are also sold at stationary shops, but I enjoy the ones you can buy at museum shops.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread