Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus and Train to Shirakami Sanchi 2015/6/15 22:17
Hello,

I'll be visiting Shirakami Sanchi this August, and I wanted to visit Juniko and Anmon Falls, so I want to confirm the transportation details (I'll be travelling alone, and I don't drive)

1. I want to take the Resort Shirakami to/from Hirosaki and Juniko Station. Can I reserve such train ticket in Toko as early as now?

2. I read about taking bus to Anmon Falls trailhead from Hirosaki also. Can I know details of it, such as schedule and bus stop? (Japanese website is okay)

Thanks for any help!
by Jerry (guest)  

Re: Bus and Train to Shirakami Sanchi 2015/6/16 12:30
Seats of Resort Shirakami can be reserved in JR East ticket counters.

Below is the bus between Hirosaki and Anmon Falls. The trail head is about 5 min walk from Aqua green village ANMON bus stop.
http://konanbus.com/sirakami/sirakami.html

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus and Train to Shirakami Sanchi 2015/6/18 05:25
Thanks William!

Also, do you know where I could find information how much time would be roughly needed to hike around Juniko? I want to take it into consideration when I reserve on the Shirakami Sanchi.

Thank you very much!
by Jerry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus and Train to Shirakami Sanchi 2015/6/18 09:37
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus and Train to Shirakami Sanchi 2015/8/17 05:39
I'm also planning on this.
I want to make it a day trip from Akita over Juniko.
Now I wonder if this is possible as it seems the trains run very seldom.
Hyperdia.com shows a route from 6:20 to roughly 9:00 and from 8:00 to 10:00 with Resort Shirakami.
Interestingly enough I can not find those connections on the jreast website itself.
Also back Hyperdia.com show the latest train (Resort Shirakami 4) leaves at 17:00.
That would be okay if there really is a route that will allow me to be there at 10:00.
But the jreast website says the latest train leaves at 15:23.

So that would leave me with 5 hours or even less cause that information seems not to be very secure.
But I think 5 hours and less is not enough to visit the site. I will just look at the clock all the time and can not enjoy the hiking.

Can someone provide some reliable information about that?
by WortPirat rate this post as useful

Re: Bus and Train to Shirakami Sanchi 2015/8/21 15:15
I just confirmed with the Jr east Hotline, so for anyone who is interested :
Your best option is the Resort Shirakami train. Unfortunately it is operated only until September, 30.
So after that going from Akita (秋田) to Juniko (十二湖) the first train leaves 6:20 in Akita. And the last train back to Akita from Juniko leaves at 15:20.
by WortPirat rate this post as useful

reply to this thread