Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa to shirakawago Bus station 2015/6/17 02:23
I would like to take bus depart from kanazawa at 9:05 to shirakawago, anyone know the bus ticket office what time open? I need to arrange time to buy ticket and having breakfast so that it wont too rush for me.
by chee siong  

Re: Kanazawa to shirakawago Bus station 2015/6/17 11:52
The following link has the Nohi bus timtables - it would be reasonable to assume the ticket office is open before the buses leave.
http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/shirakawago_kanazawa.html
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa to shirakawago Bus station 2015/6/17 12:13
I am sorry but I don't think the method for reserving and buying the ticket is explained well in English websites so this is very rough explanation I gathered from the Web.

You can reserve the seat by telephone.

Hokuriku Tetsudo Reservation Center
076-234-0123 9:00-18:00 everyday.

In this case you must purchase somewhere, maybe at Hokuriku Tetsudo office in/near Kanazawa station.

Or you can reserve and purchase at convenience stores (Seven-Eleven, Lawson/ministop, Family Mart and CircleK/Sunks).

http://jtb.co.jp/bus/guide/

I think the salesclerk will assist you to purchase the ticket. Ask him/her showing the itinerary like
Highway bus Kanazawa 9:05 10:40 Shirakawa-go
written or printed on a paper.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa to shirakawago Bus station 2015/6/17 18:35
I would strongly suggest reserving tickets in advance of the day of travel.
We assumed we could go on the morning bus 2 days out in October, and had to take the afternoon bus.
Reserve well in advance if possible.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa to shirakawago Bus station 2015/6/17 19:30
If you're in Kanazawa the day(s) before departure, I'd definitely make use of the awesome tourist info just inside the JR station (v close to the exit where the buses depart), and buy tickets in advance.

Apart from being able to help you with all your tourist needs whilst in Kanazawa (with lots of foreign language speakers working there - which can be very helpful), they will also be able to tell you where to go to get bus tickets. They'll probably be able to point to it from their office.

I *heart* Kanazawa station tourist info. They really are good.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa to shirakawago Bus station 2015/6/17 21:12
I *heart* Kanazawa station tourist info. They really are good.
Oh man, I SO agree.....
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread