Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Overnight in Ogimachi or Ainokura or Suganuma 2015/6/20 14:22
Could anyone give me some recommendation about these 3 villages please? I and My wife plan to stay there for 2 nights.

I'm still thinking of hiring a car from Takayama or taking a bus.
(My itinerary; Takayama - Shirakawago or Gakoyama - Kanazawa)

Thank you for your help
by Natpat  

Re: Overnight in Ogimachi or Ainokura or Suganuma 2015/6/21 12:36
If you are driving and can start early in Takayama, 1 overnight stay is enough for the region. The villages are small and distances between them are not great.

Shirakawa-go/Ogimachi can be taken in during the morning before continuing north through Gokayama Gassho no Sato, Suganuma, Kaminashi and finally bedding down in Ainokura.

If you choose to stay overnight in Shirakawa-go/Ogimachi, it is still possible to take in Gokayama Gassho no Sato, Suganuma, Kaminashi and Ainokura the next day before arriving in Kanazawa.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight in Ogimachi or Ainokura or Suganuma 2015/6/21 12:55
Thanks William5

What if I take a bus from Takayama to the region, would it be practical?
For this kind of transport, I'm thinking about;
1) traveling to Kanazawa from Ainokura
2) missing some places along the way which the bus doesn't stop

Thank you
by Natpat rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight in Ogimachi or Ainokura or Suganuma 2015/6/21 22:30
Using public transport the most common route is to take bus from Takayama to Shirakawa-go, stay a few hours (or spend a night there) and then continue by bus from Shirakawa-go to Kanazawa.

Ainokura and Suganuma are on the bus line between Shirakawa-go and Takaoka. From Takaoka it is about 30-40 min JR to Kanazawa.

If not planning on staying overnight in the region there are 1-day bus tours to/from Takayama.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread