Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arriving at night, best option to Shinjuku? 2015/6/23 18:33
Hi all!

We will be arriving at Narita Airport, terminal 2, at 8:30pm. This presents a little bit of a challenge, because the last N'EX train from Narita is at 9:44pm, if I'm not mistaken. Furthermore, it seems that the JR Travel Service Centers are closed by then, so according to their website, I would have to be purchase at their ticket offices (Midori-no-madoguchi).

The Keisei Skyliner's last train departs at 10:30pm, so that might be a more realistic option. If possible, we were hoping to get our Suica cards at Narita itself, but we're unsure how to go about that.

Lastly, our hotel in Shinjuku is about 1.3 km away from the Shinjuku train station. We would reach Shinjuku station earliest by around 11pm (unsure at this time). What should we do to get to the hotel? Is walking safe, or should we best hire a taxi?

Thank you for any help you can provide, as this is our first time travelling to Japan.
by TFGuy89  

Re: Arriving at night, best option to Shinjuku? 2015/6/24 08:31
Even if you miss the last N'Ex train, there are other limited express trains that will get you into the city.

And yes, it is safe to walk at night, but for 1.3km a taxi might be easier.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving at night, best option to Shinjuku? 2015/6/24 10:15
You can purchase from ticket booths. You know those machines that you can find in London, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Singapore.....

These are unmanned and simple to use. There's English language option available.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving at night, best option to Shinjuku? 2015/6/24 11:18
There are two bus services operated between Narita airport and Tokyo station after 20:30.

Access Narita
http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/

Tokyo Shuttle(operated by Keisei bus transport)
http://www.keiseibus.co.jp/en/kousoku/nrt16.html#caption_02

My concern is, Tokyo station is very much crowed at the time you arrive. The evening peak hour in Tokyo station is 19:00, 21:00 and 23:00. If you have large luggage and with some other members, I would recommend you to catch a taxis to the hotel in Shinjuku. It's extremely difficult to get in local train with large luggage in the evening peak hour between Tokyo and Shinjuku. I suppose the taxi fare between Tokyo and Shinjuku station is around 2700-3000 Yen.

I'm not sure which hotel you will stay in Shinjuku.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving at night, best option to Shinjuku? 2015/6/25 22:38
Thank you for your responses, you gave me more options to consider. I think we will try our original plan, and if that doesn't work out, we'll at least have buses to fall back on.
by TFGuy89 rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving at night, best option to Shinjuku? 2015/6/26 01:39
I would take the Kensei Skyliner to Nippori and then take the Yamamote line to Shinjuku; otherwise you can go to Ueno and still pick up the Yamamote line there I believe.
by Steve Lozowski rate this post as useful

reply to this thread