Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Registering my name to Koseki Tohon 2015/6/27 19:46
Hey guys,

I am engaged to a Japanese guy, we live in Australia. We will have the wedding ceremony in 2016 in Japan but we would like to register our marriage in Japan this October in the Koseki Tohon. So I would like to know what documents do we need and how and where we can do this in Japan? I am Finish citizen. Ive done some research but I still can't find all the needed information.
by SS (guest)  

Re: Registering my name to Koseki Tohon 2015/6/28 14:05
It's slightly different where your future husband likes to register his marriage history in.
At least you need to obtain "A Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM)" or equivalent from the Embassy of Finland in Australia or related office/ministry in Finland. LCCM shows you can be legally married, never married or your previous marriage is legally ended with Japanese traslation(your future husband can do this with his signature as translator).
LCCM must have an official stamp on where the office/embassy or ministry issued as a proof of legal validity.
You also need to bring your valid Finnish passport as your ID.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread